What car(s) do you own? [POLL PLEASE READ THEN VOTE]

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.

Which do you own? Modified/Stock?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 am

Beretta Base.
26%
Beretta GT.
22%
Beretta GTZ.
12%
Beretta GTU.
10%
Beretta INDY (Yellow).
5%
Beretta INDY (Teal).
2%
Beretta Z26.
22%

Total votes: 58

Beretta1234567

What car(s) do you own? [POLL PLEASE READ THEN VOTE]

Post by Beretta1234567 »

I am posting this pole because I'd like to get a general Idea on what Berettas/how many are around on this forum.

POLL RULES:
1) I setup the poll to allow any selection combination. for those of us who have more than one different Beretta.

2) If you have more than one of the same Beretta, Please post below which one below, and select it above.

I setup these rules because I'd like to get an idea on how many of each Beretta is left of the ones we own on this forum.
And how many are original or Modified.
Sorry if they seem overdone, I wanted to type enough so its clear what I'm thinking.
And I do not know how to setup the poll to where we can just put an amount for each selection instead of just selecting a box.

I Left it open so you can change your votes if needed to correct a mistake.
I'm looking for statistics from now (November 20, 2012) till the next 6 weeks, so the voting will close after that time frame.
(This should be enough time so everyone can vote, i hope)

Please leave out past owned Beretta's, I'm planning on a different method of finding out as much as I can as far as how many Berettas are left of the people who own them outside this forum.

EDIT:
If it is okay, can a mod Sticky this until it ends so everyone can see it?
Last edited by Beretta1234567 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Beretta1234567

Re: What car(s) do you own? [POLL PLEASE READ THEN VOTE]

Post by Beretta1234567 »

THIS is where I will post the final results when the Poll is done.

Of my Selections I have 2 of the Z26 and 2 of the Yellow INDY.

Koots

Post by Koots »

I don't have a Beretta, but I do have a Corsica :P

They are a dime a dozen though, no need for recognition.

wi_corsica

Post by wi_corsica »

@Koots: I have 2 Corsicas...

88 Corsica Z51 // 90 Corsica Hatchback // 90 Beretta // 91 Corsica
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I currently own 2 Berettas, both base models.
One is my baby. I've had her for over 8 years now and she is my pride and joy.
The other is my Rally car. I have a lot of plans for her this winter/spring before the 2013 season starts.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

At the moment I am very curious as to whats left with Beretta's, I'm doing this, to get a basic idea, maybe after I figure out how, I can find a way to "track" how many of each Beretta is left (Without compromising their locations, and legally through whatever nut house does it).

I know Corsica's are really low cost right now. If I was in need of another car, I'd probably get a corsica, because eventually you come across a time when you will need a 4 door car.
Styluss wrote:I currently own 2 Berettas, both base models.
One is my baby. I've had her for over 8 years now and she is my pride and joy.
The other is my Rally car. I have a lot of plans for her this winter/spring before the 2013 season starts.
Every so often I keep thinking how great it would be to get a high powered v6, soup it up and make a Beretta into a track car.
But I always give up on it. I'd like a racing Beretta, But I like it the way it is too.
I'll probably eventually get into the v8 class tube frame crate v8 engine track car competitions. But I have never really figured out what to do when and what to buy.

Aside from that, I'm disappointed The Beretta and Corsica productions had ended. There are so many ways that the car can be made up to spec as far as safety systems and power.
On the 96, just remove the passenger cup holder tray and you magically have a place to install an airbag. Carrs don't need to have cup holders, if it came to it, make one into the door pocket like I've seen on other cars...
The car weighs the same as the Sonic, and it is just as fast. MPG is close. They can so bring back the Beretta and it can be a great selling vehicle once again. And this time, it would not have all the issues that the current 87-96 cars have, like water leaks, etc...
Same with the Corsica.

88_GTU

Post by 88_GTU »

I have 3 at the moment. A black 88 GTU with 67k and a garage full of parts waiting to go in, a white 89 GTU with 78k pretty much bone stock other than a K&N drop in filter and a transgo shift kit, and a adriatic blue 95 Z26 with 126k.

J

88 GTU 5spd 67k black
89 GTU 3500/5spd swapped 79k white
08 TBSS LS2 AWD
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

95 z26, fairly stock, but strut bar and rear shock brace, crossdrilled rotors, hitch (damn that's all... i've been repairing this thing too much!), oh, HID low beams and fogs, and i'm down to 4 different sets of wheels now...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
beretta

Post by beretta »

88 2-tone blue base 3.1 5 speed conversion rest is stock, cross-lace gt rims. 89 blue gt seats, custom fiberglass dash made stock spec probably 200 hours or more into the dash. (it was bubbled and torn bad)

96 black z26, But will have gtz interior, purchased for winter project and to drop a 3500 5 speed in, or 3400/3500 hybrid if i don't get the 3500 block in time. Duraflex vader kit. Thinking of going flat black, undecided at this point, probably will go base/clear. gtz wheels

96 white z26 stock engine 3400 intake manifolds TB.

I have had in the past, 89 GT, 94 z26 both these were parts cars stripped and scrapped, both were rotted to the ground, the 89 was being sent to the scrap yard and i got it before it went, i had just bought my first beretta the 88 base and needed some parts on my 3.1 swap and i kept some other good parts from the car too, the 94 i bought just for the z26 rims and tires but also stripped the whole car.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Ghost, I understand your desire. But there Is NO WAY you will ever be able to track the remaining Berettas on the road today. 1. The users on this board represent a VERY small portion of Beretta owners. 2. There is no way for you to track a car that has not been in production for over 16 years, let alone a car that is still currently in production for that matter.

And putting an airbag in the cupholder slot is not even going to begin solving the problems that this car has with meeting today's safety standards.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
themadness

Post by themadness »

white base with 115k and a maaco paintjob. i have some extra parts laying around and a set of gtz wheels going on in the spring. the interior will be getting an operation as soon as i get the funds. god forbid a red 95 or z26 come along. i'll need to make space in the yard....

wi_corsica

Post by wi_corsica »

There are a lot of safety items madated by the government, and they keep coming up with more!

88 Corsica Z51 // 90 Corsica Hatchback // 90 Beretta // 91 Corsica
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

Yah I guess...

But one can only try! :deadhorse:

haha :)

DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

I have 2 GT's. A stock '88 and a modified '91 with the GTZ body kit. Is there a way to vote GT twice or should I count the '91 as a GTZ?

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
Travelor
Global Moderator

Post by Travelor »

Styluss wrote:Ghost, I understand your desire. But there Is NO WAY you will ever be able to track the remaining Berettas on the road today. 1. The users on this board represent a VERY small portion of Beretta owners. 2. There is no way for you to track a car that has not been in production for over 16 years, let alone a car that is still currently in production for that matter.

And putting an airbag in the cupholder slot is not even going to begin solving the problems that this car has with meeting today's safety standards.

Say what you will, but the Liquid Styrofoam Protection system I had installed last year should keep me alive. Until I suffocate.

1988 GTU
1990 GTZ
Beretta Preservation Society Chairman

"Have you painted your car in a parking lot today?"