if it died today......?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Styluss
Global Moderator

Re: if it died today......?

Post by Styluss »

I would buy another Beretta. Hands down, no question. Another '89, 3.1L, preferably low miles with all options. I would be a little picky about the replacement and yes, I would be willing to travel great distances to get it.

All good (undamaged) parts would come off of my current car and go on to the new car. I have thought about this numerous times. I would have a complete transition done very quickly.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Styluss wrote:I would buy another Beretta. Hands down, no question. Another '89, 3.1L, preferably low miles with all options. I would be a little picky about the replacement and yes, I would be willing to travel great distances to get it.

All good (undamaged) parts would come off of my current car and go on to the new car. I have thought about this numerous times. I would have a complete transition done very quickly.
What he said!

No questions asked... another car would be arriving that could accept any parts still usable.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
beretta

Post by beretta »

I was really counting on finding another shell for my white 96z so then i could use whatever parts i needed for the new car. Then use the rockers and door pillars for my black 96z and i would have cut every body part off the white one i could have, frame rails floor pan trunk pan tail light support everything off the front end ect. and whatever i didnt use i would probably sell here for someone else to use, rust free oem parts are hard to come by, sure you can still buy new rockers (i have a new set actually) but do they fit perfect ? nah, the reinforcement piece and the pillar piece (Expensive) and probably same as any other aftermarket part not a direct perfect fit.

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

like today? when my CV joint gave out? we have the technology, she will live again... likely tomorrow

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
BerettaGTchick

Post by BerettaGTchick »

If something happened to my GTZ, I would transfer all the good parts to the GT and then save up for an '09 Pontiac G8 GXP ;-)

~1991 Chevy Beretta GT - 3.1L, automatic :)

NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

WRX!! :Yahoo!:

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

I'd def pull the drivetrain out if possible and find a suitable Gm platform to put it in like a j-body or maybe an old school Celebrity or something like that. Make it a sleeper or something. Otherwise I'd like a c3 or new body GTO, my s10 is still my daily lol.

whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

I'm with NM, I'd just get a WRX. My Beretta's time keeps creeping closer, so it may be more of a reality than a dream in the next few years lol.

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I have had a Beretta in years and I think the only way I would buy another one is if I came across one with low mileage or one in just immaculate shape. I have a newer car now and don't have any reason to go to junk yards anymore and I miss poking around yards and seeing what you can find. There was nothing more fun than finding rare Beretta parts in good condition. Maybe someday when I get better at fabricating and metal work, I'll buy a Beretta and try and fab up a turbo system for it.

Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

When My Yellow 90 Indy got totaled by an 18 wheeler, I bought another one for 1,000 dollars and made it as best as possible with what parts I could get.

The only difference that really annoys me is the one that got totaled had no rust, this one has some rust.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I once wanted a WRX... Then I saw and rode in a Legacy.. the rest is history.

Oh and on par with the thread, I'd fix it or replace it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
pighauler

Post by pighauler »

If mine got wrecked tomorrow it would get a one way trip to the crusher, euro taillights, new rare parts, spare parts, everything, gone. Just like my cavy. It get wrecked, ALL my spare parts, rare z24 parts, everything got thrown inside and went bye bye. I could try to sell the parts, but let's be real, who wants to sit on parts for something you longer have? Sit on these parts for years cause nobody wants them, or they do want the part but don't want to pay what it worth. Sure I would be sad seeing thousands of dollars going away, but I would move on. Probably get a nice pickup, full size GM product of some sort.

Carson21R

Post by Carson21R »

Ef civic sedan with a full h22 swap.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I've already replaced two Berettas with Berettas. Life without one would be weird. Having a winter beater 4x4 is nice.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
weba

Post by weba »

I've also resurrected from 2 accidents, but if the third time comes, I'm down-scaling to one Beretta, and that will be the white one. And get something else for daily driving.