I think

Archive section for Bfest Topics
purple haze

I think

Post by purple haze »

I would like the Drinking to be toned DOWN some this year being that we can not drink in the parking lot so in saying please behave yourself this year ok i don't want to see the cops and remember it is a 4 star hotel

Fast 94 Z26
ErichZ26

I think

Post by ErichZ26 »

(purple haze @ Nov. 22 2005,20:39)Q
U
O
T
E"we can not drink in the parking lot"
When were the cops involved?    There is no drinking in the parking lot?    Evidently people think we drink outside to cause problems when in fact most of us are outside because such large numbers of us hang out.   The quanity of people just hanging out under the cack shack would get us get kicked out of a room if that many were present.      If this is like Milwaukee with Ranger Bob/Rick then how thoughtless is this planning.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
MAD MARK

I think

Post by MAD MARK »

How are we posed to remember 4 star hotel when not told yet? Did I miss something?

And now you are asking people to drink elsewhere thus coming back to sleep at hotel via driving after drinking.

MAD MARK
purple haze

I think

Post by purple haze »

we have like two floors in the place there is hall ways to hang out in with a/c ok the cack shack can be a room just can't hang out side oku can hang inside on the floor we have two of them ok

Fast 94 Z26
Jimz90indy

I think

Post by Jimz90indy »

(purple haze @ Nov. 22 2005,23:04)Q
U
O
T
Ewe have like two floors in the place there is hall ways to hang out in with a/c ok the cack shack can be a room just can't hang out side oku can hang inside on the floor we have two of them ok
LMFAO! AWESOME POST.

Yeah, you go set that Cack Shack up in the hallway ok. ok if the hallway is too narrow you can set it up on the roof ok. ok, maybe the roof isn't such a good idea ok. ok, I know.
Set the Cack Shack up in your room and you can be the ring leader of the circus that will unfold ok. Like push both the beds together, turn off the lights, break open a beer, and light a candle ok.
Then commence to tell scary stories of blown head gaskets and mysterious metal shavings ok.

BOO!  

"Ability is what you're capable of doing.
Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. "

Mr. Mike

I think

Post by Mr. Mike »

Q
U
O
T
EI would like the Drinking to be toned DOWN some this year being that we can not drink in the parking lot so in saying please behave yourself this year ok i don't want to see the cops and remember it is a 4 star hotel

Q
U
O
T
Ewe have like two floors in the place there is hall ways to hang out in with a/c ok the cack shack can be a room just can't hang out side oku can hang inside on the floor we have two of them ok

Okay, first off, where is this info coming from & second, why are you devulging it on the messageboard?  as far as I knew, hotel arrangements hadn't been finalized yet.

I'm also curious how you expect a group of car enthusists to stay inside at a car group get together.  If there is going to be hotel security Nazis, then there will be alot of unhappy people.  

Also, I don't care if the hotel is a 10 star facility, they should be accomodating to the 75+ ppl that will be using their facilities for 3-4 days.

ErichZ26

I think

Post by ErichZ26 »

Can we get room service with milk and cookies too?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
clayson92gt

I think

Post by clayson92gt »

We didn't have any problems with police in columbus. The portly hotel clerck came out twice to ask us to "stay away from the south side" of the hotel, and that was it. I garentee a bunch of drunk people being inside the whole time is going to cause more problems, especially in a 4 star hotel. It doesn't matter that we have 2 floors, thats just more stuff for people to **** up. If you dont want to be outside and risk getting arrested, stay in your room

OG Beretta Member
Mr. Mike

I think

Post by Mr. Mike »

Q
U
O
T
ECan we get room service with milk and cookies too?

Should be able to.... after all, it is a '4 star' hotel....

gtuturbo

I think

Post by gtuturbo »

I don't think I've ever been to a four star hotel with only two floors - not even in Europe...  

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
MAD MARK

I think

Post by MAD MARK »

I know for a fact that he means we will have two floors to ourselves in the hotel, not the hotel ONLY being 2 floors high.

Shesh Paul

MAD MARK
gtuturbo

I think

Post by gtuturbo »

Oops! Oh well, it was getting late...   stupid banana!
                        ÂÂÂ

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1
KFLO 93 GT

I think

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I have to say that this whole thing is getting ridiculous.  First of all, the inside thing, that's not going to fly.  You can try as hard as you want, piss and moan as much as you want.  But you're not keeping people at a car gathering inside and away from their cars.  Especially not our group.  Hotels have tried to keep us inside in the past, and it hasn't worked.  I think the only thing you're encouraging here Jason and purple haze is a bunch of people to get pissed off at you. ÂÂÂ

If I do decide to make the trip to PA, you're not keeping me inside a hotel.  And that's a garauntee. ÂÂÂ

I think part of the issue, is you two deciding we need a 4 star hotel for one.  We're a car club, not a damn Yacht Club.  We're not going to spend time at a rich and lavish hotel, we go for the people, and our cars.  All we request as a group is a place to crash.  Motel 6 in Milwaukee was a good example of this.  

If you keep pulling something in too many directions, it has no choice but to tear.  I don't want to see that happen to Bfest.

93 GTs
gypsy

I think

Post by gypsy »

if you don't like it don't come.  Most hotels  are not going to put up with alot of stuff.

---------------------RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!---------------------
Doug96Z26

I think

Post by Doug96Z26 »

This conversation has turned quite silly.  Silly because feathers are getting ruffled over FALSE INFORMATION.  Mike and the rest of the committee have been kind enough to let me lurk on the planning list and give my input, and AFAIK a hotel has NOT been chosen.  There was one possibility but that deal fell through.  I'm sure that the committee will find a suitable national chain hotel at a reasonable price to stay at - similar to previous bfests.

Q
U
O
T
Eif you don't like it don't come.  Most hotels  are not going to put up with alot of stuff.

That's a rude thing to say to someone who has been around for a while and been a good contributor.

Our real-world hotel experiences have been exactly the opposite of what you claim.  EVERY time I've gone to Bfest we have been out in the parking lot hanging out - and I've been to the last 7 of these things.  What you saw in Ohio was tame compared to many other years.  We've never had the police show up to keep us in line.  In fact, many of the hotel workers enjoyed having something a little out of the ordinary around.

I still get Christmas cards from some of the hotels that we stayed at.

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd