BerettaFest 2012 Las Vegas, NV Proposal

Archive section for Bfest Topics
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: BerettaFest 2012 Las Vegas, NV Proposal

Post by 3X00-Modified »

man... People flying there, trailering cars.... what is this coming to? :sparta:

Regardless of where it is, I can assure you that I will be driving the distance... hell Amy was hoping to have a Beretta by then... :) And if that happens we will bring both.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Time is valuable; and when you have to drive everywhere with a family for events/vacations, time becomes very valuable.

Drive time is listed as 35 hrs one way which makes it at least a 2 day trip (yes I know others have farther distances to drive)... I can't be selfish and use most of my vacation time for one trip when other trips are planned as well.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

All depends on how my car is running and how much vacation time I will be allowed off (boss didn't even like me taking 5 days off for Indy). If I drive, I would arrange to meet up with those in CO and caravan down. Otherwise, I may fly to someone that is driving and road trip with them and fly home or something. But having just been in Vegas a few months ago, I think it could be a fun time...we'll just all have to hold hands so not to get lost in the crowd along the strip!! LOL

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

With those in Colorado? You mean little 'ol me?
I don't ever see Jene coming out simply because I believe her interest in the car has dwindled. However we can always harass GW!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Styluss wrote:With those in Colorado? You mean little 'ol me?
I don't ever see Jene coming out simply because I believe her interest in the car has dwindled. However we can always harass GW!
Yep, you and whomever else is coming through STL to go. Figured going through CO I'd have someone to share 1/2 the trip with, I go south I have no one till NM or AZ! lol

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

If things go well it might be two weddings....will we see....be quite!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

NMBeretta wrote:If things go well it might be two weddings....will we see....be quite!
You and Chad???

1995 Beretta Z26 3100
NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

uh NO....me and my lady

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Been watching Pawn Stars on Netflix and I have a sudden intense urge to want Bfest in Vegas now, as I REALLY want to go to that shop and meet these guys and check out their stuff!

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Been watching Pawn Stars on Netflix and I have a sudden intense urge to want Bfest in Vegas now, as I REALLY want to go to that shop and meet these guys and check out their stuff!
Those guys aren't actually at the shop for anything other than tapings of the show.

I went to Vegas in November of 2010, went to the shop, and sure, some of the things you saw on the TV show were there (Barbers chair, cannon, death clock, various other things), but the guys were not there. Their cars weren't there, people working there claimed "they are in the back recording parts for the show". I waited around for about 2 hours and nothing. There is almost as much show memorabilia (coffee cups, t-shirts, dolls, etc) as there are pawned items!

I'm convinced that all these "reality" shows are all staged, and they are just paid actors. Have you seen the energy commercial they have filmed? Terrible.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Geoff to back your theory, all of the pawn items you see on TV are screened before even being considered, so they know what the items are before they are even brought in for that filming part, so technically when they are being shown the item for the "first" time, they've already seen it before and thats typically why they know so much.

It's probably not paid actors,(they do "become" paid actors tho) but since the rise of the show they are now fully concentrating on doing the filming aspect and they pay people to run whats left of their pawn business and also now memorabilia.

Me and Amy drove by that and saw the line out the door and we were both like Hey there's Pawn Stars... and kept driving... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

bump for second round (ding ding) :Yahoo!:

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

I understand your feelings Geoff about driving time. I am already in a pickle because it does not look good that my lady will be able to make it with me next year for Bfest. That drive going to be really tough for people in the north east. Coming from Chicago would add 2-3 days to the trip over locations of the past..including Denver. My other option is to make it a business/recreational trip and do some business out there. I have a few options. Fly and rent a car. Drive my GTZ(perhaps with a light trailer in tow) Driving my Van and trailer my car which would be $1400 in fuel.

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

Vegas is a blast. You podunct type will prolly spend your nestegg on the strippers but its cool...Vegas is a very cool idea for bfest. Last bfest I went to I got the hate stare bc I didnt "register" even though it was in my homestate.....

daguse5853z

Post by daguse5853z »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Only thing that makes me a tad nervous is hotel accommodations. Vegas has a bit of a rep as far as the Strip is concerned. I don't want my car ripped off or vandalized while I'm there. Then I'd have to get angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.... :D

Is the track pretty awesome? I'd skip the Hoover Dam tour. The Shelby trip sounds badass though!

Nice proposal Ron. I was thinking of doing an Albuquerque one myself.
Not to sound like a douche but uh.....berettas have been dead since 96.....pretty much a cavalier. Now think that there are tons of porches/lambos/beamers/Mercedes/ etc etc driving around. Nobody is going to touch your cars for lack of interest/market value. Vegas is a great idea if you guys want to have a good time.....just sayin'