yes another 3400 ?

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
spacecadetz26

yes another 3400 ?

Post by spacecadetz26 »

42psi at WOT isnt enough. you need more like 47. I was just dealing with this issue recently with erichs car. its running way lean because the fuel pump is maxing out at 40ish psi and thats with using an adjustable regulator. that kid doesnt know what the hell is done to his car either way.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
wht96

yes another 3400 ?

Post by wht96 »

ok. from what im getting here. everything !!!SHOULD!!! bolt and plug right up.  the motor im getting is from a 00 or 01 grand am im paying 550 with a warranty and 60,000 miles.  anyway im confused again, what you guys are saying is that my fuel pump is going to cut out at 40ish psi. and the 3400 needs 47 ish... am i correct at this or are u reffering to someone elses car? if you are saying this does this mean im going to need to drop my gas tank in order to take full advantage of this motor. i didnt want to go that far but if i have to i have to.  aftermarket fuel pump???    i know im being a pain in the a*** but i want to know exactly whats going to come from this before i dive in. i know for a FACT no wireing or any other backyard rigging has been done. this car is completely stock except for a cd player i personally installed. and a fuel filter anyway.  i know you guys cant give me a detailed explination and cant promise something wont come up. but i know you are ALOT more familiar with these specific vehicles.

IsaacHayes

yes another 3400 ?

Post by IsaacHayes »

No your fuel pump is fine unless it's bad/dying... That's someone elses car.
Just swap your fuel injectors over to the new rail.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...

yes another 3400 ?

Post by Guest »

hey guys.. my dad had a 1999 chevy venture.. i had the 3400 and went through 3 moters in a year. so if i were u. i would replace the camshafts and all the gaskets cuz there cheapies.

IsaacHayes

yes another 3400 ?

Post by IsaacHayes »

It's just the lower intake manifold gasket that goes out. If you watch your oil carefully, you'll catch it before it wrecks your bearings.

I've replaced my intake gaskets twice, and the motor runs excellent. 180,000 on the original motor. Camshafts are hollow, and I've heard of them snapping, but mine goes through hell and is holding up fine. If you want a replacement, sealed power makes a replacement that is a solid cam. But only rare instances I think the cams snap.

If you want a better gasket, felpro makes a different one in addition to their OEM replacement, that is all metal and won't seperate/crush. Do that and never have to worry about it again.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...