headlights

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
jfield

headlights

Post by jfield »

Hi I am new to this forum and looking for any help I can get. I have a 1988 Beretta and lost the headlights the other night while driving. The fuse was blown, replaced still not lights. Replaced switch on dash still no lights. I lost the dash lights months ago but everyting else still worked. all other lights still working except for head lights and dash lights.

Thanks for any help you can give me

90_Black_GTZ

headlights

Post by 90_Black_GTZ »

Relay cluster in the steering column.

90 Black GTZ (I am the original owner since May 5, 1990)
187,000 miles
Jeff P

headlights

Post by Jeff P »

There is a dimmer switch on the steering column under the dashboard (LH side?) that allows you to switch between low and high beams.  Sometimes this switch goes bad and you get neither.  Happened on my '88 shortly after I bought it.

As far as the dash lights, you're talking just the instrument cluster lights, right?  Digital (daytime or nighttime or both) or analog cluster?  Most likely cause for digital is the four PC194 bulbs that illuminate it (bulbs with sockets already attached).  For the analog cluster, you're probably looking at a bad wire or connection between the cluster and the main harness (provided the fuse is good and the other dashboard lights work).

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi