Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by spacecadetz26 »

New poll to get this out in the open.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
gypsy

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by gypsy »

I gotta kick out of the last one. Funny. I could see the guys getting really drunk and doing that.

---------------------RESPECT YOUR ELDERS!---------------------
96BlackRoseZ26

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by 96BlackRoseZ26 »

Some of us did, we just didn't leave the hotel rooms  

Have you ever felt like you were flying, but didn't have wings?

Jerry Bickley
02 Navy Blue Metallic Monte Carlo SS
3800 V6/4-Speed Auto

GcDiaz

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by GcDiaz »

I had my fun at B'05, but unless I do some major engine upgrades (which I don't plan to do - maintenance is the goal) there's no reason to run the 1/4 each time. Heck, it'll leave more time for local activities.

The only one who can miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it.

bonecrrusher

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by bonecrrusher »

I prefer the Auto X....

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
gypsy

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by gypsy »

i agree with boner on this one.

gypsy

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by gypsy »

(96BlackRoseZ26 @ Aug. 02 2005,13:49)Q
U
O
T
ESome of us did, we just didn't leave the hotel rooms ÂÂÂ
lol

I-GOT-BOOST

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by I-GOT-BOOST »

Where is the answer for those of us that want to drag race but don't have 16 sec cars?

Quote of the week:

"A cam is only too big if it won't go into the block, and a turbo is only too big if you can't close the hood."
rweatherford

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by rweatherford »

No kidding...

I remember when people actually tried to make the cars faster each year.  We were going at about a half a second a year drop.  From 16.0's down to 13.5.

We have almost always been able to drag race, but auto-x is almost always on Sunday and even less people would do it.  This is how it was in the past.  Perhaps I need to sell the Beretta and concentrate on the wagon if the group has totally lost interest in the performance side of the car.  I can make the wagon faster than the GTZ with bolt-ons and NOS.

I don't go to BFest to get drunk in the parking lot.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

spacecadetz26

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by spacecadetz26 »

I could get an autox on saturday if there was interest.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
irelynx

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by irelynx »

Personally, I like going to the drag strip. If my car wasn't having problems this year I would have ran it; and no, obviously not for the time, but for the fun of it. If there's a drag strip them most everyone who wants to run (whether for fun or performance) can most likely run. With auto-x there's alot more that goes into getting the car prepared/upgraded/whatever in order to actually be able to compete. From what I remember hearing there are more regulations for equipment with auto-x, which limits the number of people who can actually do it. I like to go to the drag strip to watch, and it's nice to know that if I want to run it, I can. Sure I'd go watch an auto-x competition, but I don't think it should replace the trip to the drag strip.

There's always the option to do like what was done this year & have the drag racing on a Friday, and have the auto-x on Sunday. With the way it was this year people who wanted to go did go; the big problem was the fact that it wasn't in the plans from the start, so people who may have wanted to go couldn't because they had already taken the time off from work way back when the days & rough outline of events was announced. I'm sure that had some people known from the start that there was going to be auto-x on Sunday they would have tried to get Monday off from work so they could go auto-x, drive home later that day, and have most/all of Monday to relax/sleep.

And where's the poll option for those of us who like to watch and like to have the option to race; not everyone feels that they NEED to race, but some of us want to race & like knowing that we can race with the equipment we have.  

'94 Z26 (Dead. So sad. Stupid NY winters.)
'97 Grand Prix GTP (SC? What's that?)
cramez

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by cramez »

I haven't lost interest in the performance aspect of the cars at all personally, I can't wait to see what Beefy's GTZ runs next year if he comes, that's a 13 second car with some tuning.  It'll probably take until 07 for me to get the cash to do it, but I have every intention of running in the low 13s/high 12s.  I personally love drag racing and agree that it should be included if it benefits the group and/or develops more respect for our cars.  When I voiced the opinion that I saw no point in it, it was going by the fact that we don't have the amout of cars racing that we used to, and a lot of the people with faster cars don't come because they've got other things going on in their lives. ÂÂÂ

Due to the reaction, I think I will include a dragstrip in my proposal, just provide plenty of alternate things to do for those who aren't interested.  One suggestion though, I've been at the last 3 Bfests and a dragstrip is always included, and always a drive.  Usually nothing we go to is right near the hotel.  Maybe we need to place the hotel and other things closer to the strip if possible, no one likes a 2 hr drive to a dragstrip after they drove 16 hrs to get to Bfest.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
wicked-irocz

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by wicked-irocz »

If I end up making it and my car is running right I will be drag racing.  Im hoping for good weather and the Iowa proposal to go through so the times are better.  I probably wont autoX as I did it last time and although it was fun I dont think my car will behave as well this time.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
Chazzman

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by Chazzman »

I've been to the strip every year I've attended but this one. I missed out in Columbus due to other activities we were doing that afternoon (my family and I went to the Zoo).  Why not keep having a drag strip event as part of Bfest? If someones not interested in racing theres plenty of other things to do.......

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Drag strip at Bfest?

Post by quad4berettagtz »

I like the chalenge of the strip...  even if I make my car faster in the twisties.  I would like to autox too, however unless we get a group to organize one for a saturday (it happens) then it may not be feasible.  The fact of the matter is that we still have a lot of people who want the strip (like some of us stuck under our cars fixing it on friday night    ) and it is easy to do if you have never done it before.  Autox for a beginner is hard, and potentially dangerous if you are the kind of person who goes like stink even if you don't know what a pointer cone is.......  The proposals will speak for themselves, if you don't have a strip and you lose then obviously people want a strip...  and vice versa.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern