I'm back

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Money pit Beretta

I'm back

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I know, nobody said where is MPB? A month ago I lost my new computer(still don't know what's wrong). Thursday my old computer lost a hard drive and the back up HD also didn't work. I have a APC battery back up, but I think a power surge got my drive. Well, with the new HD it looks like I'm up and running. The site doesn't look the same, it could be just my computer. The Bnet logo has a light blue back drop and it always looked gray to be before. The type is no longer as dark as it was. I have alot to work on.
Wow, I was running Internet Explorer 6. Now everything looks normal.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: I'm back

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Stay away from IE8 and this board... its either that or my PC doesn't like the topic reply boxes sometimes when typing longer than the box the scroll function gets messed up and I couldn't keep where I was typing visible... yeah I know hard to explain.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

I got all my updates and IE8 was in there. I have it on my new computer and I don't like it. On this computer I'm going to stick with IE7. Yeah 3X00, I had some trouble with IE8 here too.
This power surge thing is crazy. I'm not sure what to do about it. I think it has killed alot of hardware on my computers. I thought that the APC would save me, but it hasn't. Money well spent there. Well I still have a computer. My friend lost his because his water cooling system leaked all over everything. That's why I'm a fan of air cooling. This is going to be a pain in the ass to get everything back again. My favorites list was a mile long with all kinds of things I may never find again. Oh well, it's good to be back. As I said before this place is like another home. Thanks for the the tip and the post 3X00.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Works fine in firefox lol

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

3X00-Modified wrote:Stay away from IE8 and this board... its either that or my PC doesn't like the topic reply boxes sometimes when typing longer than the box the scroll function gets messed up and I couldn't keep where I was typing visible... yeah I know hard to explain.
Every letter you type the box jumps up and down? I get that sometimes. Really exciting.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes thank you! I'm not the only one.

And will that was a pretty lame reply. Not everyone want to deal with the qwirks of firefox either... My latest install couldn't figure out how to open a PDF yet adobe integration in ie8 works fine so I know adobe was working.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

3X00-Modified wrote:Yes thank you! I'm not the only one.

And will that was a pretty lame reply. Not everyone want to deal with the qwirks of firefox either... My latest install couldn't figure out how to open a PDF yet adobe integration in ie8 works fine so I know adobe was working.

Same thing, never had a problem with pdf's and I use them daily. The only "quirk" would be if you had the reader installed before you installed firefox, and is a simple fix.... download the plugin for firefox from adobe. (The initial reply was to you as a joke from the last thread about cross browser compatibility)

In a related note, standards compliance is the main issue, and IE never has and still doesn't support web standards well. From a design standpoint, IE is the minority these days, yes it holds the largest install base, but that doesn't account for usage, and bundling. Real world access logs have it on a massive decline, especially with the recent mac and linux influx.

but..... I didn't design the forum, and as soon as I am finished with my current workload, I am making some changes and will try to correct that issue for IE users.

and since I know I will get a pm about it, the logout issue that some of the aol users are having is due to aol using a proxy and the security settings can't verify your ip address due to that. I am not going to change the site security for a hand full of users. The simple solution is to use IE, since you have it installed already, thus bypassing the proxy.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

IE blows goats and the men who stare at goats.

Firefox is eleventy-billion times better.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Oh crap 1988GTU it's been a long time. I remember that show, well I can remember some things. I was very young when it was on. Thanks, that was great!

FireFox I remember that movie(lol), yeah I've used it before. I use to use it when I built my first real computer. I may just try it Woody. I'm tired of IE and have been wishing for something new. We will see, I still have to set up my email and a few other things. Hell, this thing has a DVD drive still and it doesn't work.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

The movie was FoxFire, with Angelina Jolie

Money pit Beretta

No,no, the one with the fake plane. :ROFL: I'd take that plane over her any day. She is a robot........you know that right? You've got metal fever boy......metal fever!(Futurama quote, had to do it). I know, the plane(if it was real) is made out of titanium. She is not made of the same metal! You are sick! Just sick! Please stick to the topic diedemus or I'll have a Mod kick you off! :ROFL:

Oh, I feel a little better. Got some bad news from a friend here and needed something to pick me up. Thanks for the chance to do it Will.
Last edited by Money pit Beretta on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

Didn't think you were old enough for that movie lol :runsies: :runsies:

Money pit Beretta

Eric and I are almost the same age. If that gives you an idea. :)

keep'em flying!