Well, we had our run.

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
gustafsyn

Well, we had our run.

Post by gustafsyn »

I guess it's time to say goodbye. The burrito and I have been to he'll and back, I remember the day I got her for $200.. I remember replacing brakes, brake lines, fuel lines, exhaust systems, tires.. I remember he day we smoked that v6 charger and the v6 mustang.. And I will forever remember the speed that we were at when we hit that patch of ice and slid at 75 mph into that snowbank.. I remember having no acceleration when we got her out, and I remember the white smoke pouring forth from my wheel well. We blew the motor.. The car was falling apart anyways.. Unless I win the lottery I won't even bother swapping in a new engine, because it's pointless to do so if I can't fix the body and interior as well. So, how much does a 1990 3.1 parts car go for? No z26 kit, nothing extra, just tires and an exhaust system with less than 2k on them.. I'm going to cut my losses and save $1500 on the 1978 type lt camaro with t tops and a 400 sb.. We had our run. But it's over. RIP.

woody90gtz

Re: Well, we had our run.

Post by woody90gtz »

Can't blame you for modding a 406 rubbernose instead!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
gustafsyn

Post by gustafsyn »

after a bit of consideration, i think i may bring the beretta back to its former glory..
there's a big list of stuff that i'll need, but that's the problem, i'm flat ass broke.
i may be able to gather up enough for a 3.1 in about a month.. and i'd consider upgrading if i could find something that won't require any modification of the engine bay..
apart from that, i don't want to bolt a new motor in and let it sit as it is. i'd like to upgrade the gfx, i need a new decklid and spoiler, because mine cracked off, id like some indy seats and eventually i want to upgrade the dash/console/door panels, and since i was pulled over and they searched her, my headliner's been sagging like no other. so in short..
- a new motor
- z26 ground effects
- decklid with gtu spoiler if possible
- indy seats
- z26 grille

and id be set.. except
1. no money
2. nobody is that charitable to give me parts and ship them here
3. 1500 for a 78 lt, another 500 for an 81 z28, and another 500 for a 79 z28..

so, i need $3,000.
fast.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I think the best thing to do is replace the motor, you can get a decent mile 3400 for cheap these days... WAY less than 3k and then go from there and slowly fix it up.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"