List a Beretta Item for sale
Robert 89gt

Re: twin turbo AWD concept on ebay

Post by Robert 89gt »

It's leaks alittle but it sounds nice.

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Ok, what is that behind the UIM that looks like a radiator cap on a small reservoir? I have an idea what it may be, but can one of you two who went and saw it in person confirm? And also, is that the oil cooler bolted in horizontally under the front end? That seems like dumb placement to me.

Love the sound. I've got wood after hearing it. Do want, too bad I'm broke...............

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

That would be the reservoir to the Air to water intercooler. That whole square block on the upper intake is the cooler, you can see two pipes that exit the passenger side of it and then form a rail to where they bolt to the lower intake. Its an odd airflow pattern.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
lolwut

Post by lolwut »

Did the car move more than to back out and pull in? Hell did it even ever get to operating temperature?

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

3X00-Modified wrote:That would be the reservoir to the Air to water intercooler. That whole square block on the upper intake is the cooler, you can see two pipes that exit the passenger side of it and then form a rail to where they bolt to the lower intake. Its an odd airflow pattern.
I kind of suspected it was for the intercooler since I saw the hoses going to the intake. Thanks.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

What was the reserve?

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No, thats all he did, back it out and then pull it back in. The other worker there said he will take it for a ride every once and a while but this car is not registrable so he has to take it around with dealer plates on it.

And to be honest he doesn't know that much about the vehicle itself. He didn't buy it with the intention to keep it as a collectors piece. I didn't ask him directly but he stated he was surprised when someone sent him tharticleses about the car when he did show up on Bstuff a while back. He didn't realize what he haapparentlyly and to be honest his price is not that obnoxious.

Geoff, 10k is his asking price.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

if i had the money i would would buy the car and find a way to get a dealer plate or do vin swap with mine

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

You know, you guys always talk about doing vin swaps and that, like its not a big deal to do, (the task is easy) but it is a very big deal. For one it isn't legal. Two, there are vin's stamped in several places on the car. I know of at least 3 locations, and I'm sure there are others.

Don't know about some of you, but I would rather not, just in case the cop that pulls you over and runs your plates happens to know all about beretta's and busts ya for it. lol

Not like most of us have enough money to buy something like this and use it for DD. People who would have enough, would either turn it into a TQ or put it on display someplace. Sorry, but its true.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I would just pull the guts and put it in a car that's able to be titled.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

Chad91GTZ wrote:I would just pull the guts and put it in a car that's able to be titled.
i was thinking the same thing or if you had a black car you were scrapping you could swap the vin tag and just tell the place you swapped doors when you get it inspected every year. assuming they didn't modify the hell out of the rear to get the AWD stuff in there it shouldn't be that hard. the underneath in back didn't look hacked but we couldn't really see to far up underneath.

if they weren't busy with other stuff i was thinking about asking him to throw it on the lift.

i don't know where they kept these things but with the amount of rust on the lines and the underneath of the car it almost looks like it was someone's daily driver for awhile.

did sound awesome when he first started it to pull it out. wonder what they did for the tune on it.
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Ok, what is that behind the UIM that looks like a radiator cap on a small reservoir? I have an idea what it may be, but can one of you two who went and saw it in person confirm? And also, is that the oil cooler bolted in horizontally under the front end? That seems like dumb placement to me.

Love the sound. I've got wood after hearing it. Do want, too bad I'm broke...............
looked like an oil cooler. it had a hard line that ran along the drivers side of the engine and then straight up beyond that i couldn't see. the yellow container definitely looks like a mustard bottle from a diner though.
DTMAce wrote:You know, you guys always talk about doing vin swaps and that, like its not a big deal to do, (the task is easy) but it is a very big deal. For one it isn't legal. Two, there are vin's stamped in several places on the car. I know of at least 3 locations, and I'm sure there are others.

Don't know about some of you, but I would rather not, just in case the cop that pulls you over and runs your plates happens to know all about beretta's and busts ya for it. lol

Not like most of us have enough money to buy something like this and use it for DD. People who would have enough, would either turn it into a TQ or put it on display someplace. Sorry, but its true.
i wouldn't turn it into a daily driver but something similar to what i did with the grand am. i figure beating the crap out of one car on a daily basis is enough why do it to two.

if you swap the tags and what not and do it so it doesn't look like you just cut them out of the old vehicle they probably wouldn't be able to tell. like chad said above just swap the running gear into a normal car but if it is indeed pontiac 6000 running gear you better stock up on parts because if you think beretta parts are hard to find that's probably even worse.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

If I owned it I wouldn't change it one bit, even if I couldn't drive it on the street (legally). It's a piece of history.

However I would make sure that it was well documented so we knew how it went together, and bring it to Bfest at a minimum.

I wish I had the kind of money and storage to buy it, but it's about 10 years too soon for me.

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

same here

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

snowblindburd wrote:If I owned it I wouldn't change it one bit, even if I couldn't drive it on the street (legally). It's a piece of history.

However I would make sure that it was well documented so we knew how it went together, and bring it to Bfest at a minimum.

I wish I had the kind of money and storage to buy it, but it's about 10 years too soon for me.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

It's to bad pieces of history and engineering vehicles are torches and crushed every day.

I'm torn.. I can talk big like I would beat the piss out of the car like a redhead stepchild. But if I actually got something like this, I'm not sure how I'd react to it.

All I know is that cars are meant for driving. And the guy accross the street with his 450 horse 454 numbers matching Chevelle agraivates me when he takes his car out for his monthly ten minute trip around the block.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW