BerettaFest 2012 Las Vegas, NV Proposal

Archive section for Bfest Topics
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: BerettaFest 2012 Las Vegas, NV Proposal

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Daguse, you need to back off a little bit there... Granted yes a Beretta has been discontinued since 96, but when someone drives up with one that is all done up the whole thing changes... People strip parts from cars, including stereo's rims and god who knows what else, and to be honest, a 96 beretta is probably the best one to start with since there are little to no security features and breaking into one is VERY easy.

Regarding showing up and not registering... Well I was not there when that happened, but the reason why that happened is everyone registers and pays to attend the BBQ... now if you just show up and expect to get what everyone else got then thats just not fair, also we can't keep a good count. You need to understand that we are organizing an event and we need to know who will be there and when. We are far from the only event that you would get a "dirty look" for showing up and not registering.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I think if you showed up at a Colts game without buying a ticket you'd get looks trying to get in too.

You gotta buy the ticket to get in. And people vandalize cars just because they are nice, not just because its a BMW. So, not to sound like a douche, but you sound like a douche.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

hahahaha Daguse seriously...no wonder people were weary, most of the cars you listed as "nice cars" really don't appeal to a number of people on this site....

simply put: If I was a famous hollywood actor, showing up to the red carpet.. I'd still be driving my Beretta GTZ there.

These cars are full of potential, and handle better than most of the "exotic" brand you listed as being in Las Vegas... I personally don't have an opinion about having a BFest in Las Vegas, but vandalism may be a problem.

I think that people are entitled to their ow opinions, but making fun of Berettas on a Beretta fan site shows some stupidity and lack of common sense... the same common sense that would say "hey, I should pay and register for an event that requires pay and registration" These members plan BFest on here and they really put a lot of heart into it. If you think that people (especially in this economy) are ready to cater to free handout is walk-ins... thats crazy to think and you will spend your life disappointed..

Look, I'm not trying to play your game and have an argument Daguse, but you will not fair well continuing this attitude on a site like this... respect for people is something that is required to be a member of this community... I respect your opinions, but I also know when people are just trying to flame/troll and this looks like that a lot.

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

why arent my posts being approved? I didnt say anything irrelevant to the topic at hand and was defending the community

Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

daguse5853z wrote:...
Hey Scott, good to see you still lurking here. Another Michigan member here... living in Big Rapids now.

Chad91GTZ wrote:And people vandalize cars just because they are nice, not just because its a BMW
Double whammy for me! And with that, over $2000 in damage from vandalism. crap happens. Have good insurance.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

tvc3-gtz wrote:why arent my posts being approved? I didnt say anything irrelevant to the topic at hand and was defending the community
For some reason I noticed a few posts waiting to be approved in a different section of the mod control board today. Not your problem, just a glitch in the system.

As for berettas getting stolen, yeah right. Theres no market for our parts, and the community is too small now to sell stolen parts. Only wheels and radios would get stolen, universal parts.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Kyle Anderson wrote:
Double whammy for me! And with that, over $2000 in damage from vandalism. crap happens. Have good insurance.
That doesnt exist when you own a car that books at $1,200

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

wwwwwwhhhhhaaaattttttt?

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

I am finding it rather ironic to hear all the distance and time and money complaints from the EAST coast members this time instead of the West members. :D

Kyle Anderson

Post by Kyle Anderson »

3X00-Modified wrote:
Kyle Anderson wrote:
Haha, right... :lol:

Tell that to Jack, who bought my old Beretta and had it broken into and vandalized twice in 3 months!

weba

Post by weba »

Barry wrote: As for berettas getting stolen, yeah right. Theres no market for our parts
I guess it's all different there.

Here, cars are stolen for joyriding, or for executing a chrime, for example gas robbery (what is quite common here). Anything that can't take daylight with their Own plates. Then the car is dumped in the backroad and set on fire to hide the evidence.

And, after 1996 all cars here are required to have anti-theft-elecronics ignition key, so 99.5% of vehiecles stolen are younger than that.

So what that means, as time goes by, cars that can be stolen by scum are getting fewer every year, the survivor cars are in big risk of be'ing stolen, and even bigger next year. I keep extrernal steering wheel lock on my car All times when it's parked.

Btw, the most stolen cars here are 1980's Mazda 323 and shitboxes like that.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Kyle Anderson wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:
Kyle Anderson wrote:
Haha, right... :lol:

Tell that to Jack, who bought my old Beretta and had it broken into and vandalized twice in 3 months!
I guess I should have bolded what I was referring to... Because I agree... people break into a car to break into a car, they don't do it because of the type of car typically.

Bottom line this ends here...
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:I am finding it rather ironic to hear all the distance and time and money complaints from the EAST coast members this time instead of the West members. :D
You will get all of that now that the central proposal won, only a few who have made the truck before will not say anything. I would have gone to NV, but I probably would have been traveling alone because the scheduling of this event is at the end of the school year every year and Amy cant get those days off... I really want to try and move the event possibly one weekend later this year, and to bring a bit of light to it from where I am to NV is 1,000 more miles than it is for you to get to MI... 2,680 vs 1,700, so either one, you still would have less mileage than I would.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"