2012 Bfest Racing

Archive section for Bfest Topics
SummitBalt08

Re: 2012 Bfest Racing

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I have never been down a dragstrip before.. I would really like to see what the Z can do but I don't want to chance my motor. Eh Owell

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Shawn. 1/8th mile track. It's like putting your foot in it on the way to the grocery store.

I will go and make runs. Need to keep working on my reaction time after my brain injury. I was pretty consistent at Nitrofest.

Plus I need a reason to buy a new clutch when I get home.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Which is why I said that more of us may enjoy doing this here. Less chance of breaking something... LOL

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

too many people think accelerating from 0 to 82mph is going to break something... a 1/4 mile is very little abuse on your car as well; unless your driving it extremely hard and slamming gears and dumping the clutch, which would be more of a driving style issue and not directly related to you running a 1/4 mile.

If you beat on it that bad a 1/8th mile could still break something.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Honestly, I modded my engine and suspension so I could enjoy my car for what it is, and I am hard on it nearly every time I drive it (daily/year-round)! If you're worried about breaking your car, getting it dirty or anything along those lines, just sell it and let somebody else enjoy it! After-all, it's just a Beretta! I'm not pointing out any 1 person, this is just a general statement...

Now go do a burnout, take some corners hard, dump your clutch, drive through a dirty puddle, play embarrassing music that you love during the day with your tinted windows down, ENJOY YOUR CAR!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

3X00-Modified wrote:too many people think accelerating from 0 to 82mph is going to break something... a 1/4 mile is very little abuse on your car as well; unless your driving it extremely hard and slamming gears and dumping the clutch, which would be more of a driving style issue and not directly related to you running a 1/4 mile.

If you beat on it that bad a 1/8th mile could still break something.

Dude, that is where cars break most. And and driving a car hard and slamming gears is part of racing.

I lost a mint hood and a a/c line and a exhaust flange to drag racing. This damage happened in the First 1/8 mile of a 1/4 mile.

If people want to come and compete with their 16+ year old cars that is fine. Keep in mind that 3X00 ...has "modified" in his handle here no doubt has TRANSMISSION CLUTCH upgrades, MOTOR MOUNT upgrades for a reason. Why? Because Axles, Transmissions may break when grabbing a "prepared track".

Not to mention over revving an engine..can is not good either.

Its just a plaque and bragging rights. If you cannot afford to rent a truck and dolly your precious vehicle home then take it easy.

Breaking things is part of racing! let me repeat

Breaking things is part of racing!

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Out of all my years of f-ing with my cars I have yet to break one on the strip and they weren't all built for that. I break it more the day I put it back together than I do with the abuse at the strip.

Also if your just going to see what it's like to do a 1/8th mile or if you can even launch it good, then your odds of breaking something are quite low... now if your running slicks and warm them up, yeah you might break something. But I see this track probably being like Indy's or Charlotte and not having the greatest stickiest track prep. But I could be wrong.

Either way just come have fun watch the cars, and take yours down the strip like your getting on the highway just for a laugh and stretch her legs! You wont regret going it's a blast to watch what shows up.
ErichZ26 wrote: Breaking things is due to a lack of attention to your equipment when your racing!
Fixed...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Yes something "could" break at the track. Something "could" break while merging onto a highway. Unless you have some decent upgrades the chance of breaking something due to a well prepped track is slim. I raced my old 3400 with stock transmission and axles at least 40 runs with over 200k on the motor with no issues. My other car has had a couple of issues but nothing that prevented me from driving my car home and some were not even related to racing (heater core cracking in the staging lanes). It makes a tad bit more power. :D

What better place to have something break on your car then being surrounded by other beretta enthusiasts with plenty of tools and spare parts.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

That's true I didn't think of that.. if I do run it, it doesn't mean I have to do a hard launch. I could take off from a stop like I do any other time. I don't really care what time it runs anyways, it runs good enough for me. I have only floored it once when Jeff Counsil had his laptop hooked up to it last year at Bfest and it surprised me lol.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SummitBalt08 wrote:I have only floored it once when Jeff Counsil had his laptop hooked up to it last year at Bfest and it surprised me lol.
Seriously?

Drive it like it want's to be driven! :sparta:

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Damn Grandma! Mine sees redline and WOT daily! It's just a car, drive the dang thing! lol

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Pbsh, there is something besides WOT?

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Hey now! Lol

There's one thing you guys don't understand.. I do fast pace driving 6 days a week and usually around 60 hours a week in the Malibu.

So its kind of nice to relax and drive normal with the 5 speed in the Beretta. Plus its a break from the Malibu. Believe it or not it gets old driving the same car that much lol.

Actually this past wednesday I had both cars at work and I took a few easy deliveries in the Beretta. That was fun.

But yeah, I want my car to last so I'm easy on it.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Styluss wrote:Pbsh, there is something besides WOT?
"Like"

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

SummitBalt08 wrote:Hey now! Lol

There's one thing you guys don't understand.. I do fast pace driving 6 days a week and usually around 60 hours a week in the Malibu.

So its kind of nice to relax and drive normal with the 5 speed in the Beretta. Plus its a break from the Malibu. Believe it or not it gets old driving the same car that much lol.

Actually this past wednesday I had both cars at work and I took a few easy deliveries in the Beretta. That was fun.

But yeah, I want my car to last so I'm easy on it.
So you drive your slow car fast and your fast car slow? That's it, I've had it! I'm going to steal your car keys at BFEST and do a big smokey John Force burnout! :crazy: