New Family Member...

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

New Family Member...

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No children for me... I'd rather have a dog

Her name is Panda since she has two round red circles on her head like a red panda has around her eyes... but she is 11 months old and 66lbs of licking Pit bull... Probably the most gentle dog I've had and could care less about people... Other dogs on the other hand, right now all she wants to do is play and they don't like that sometimes, so we'll have to socialize her more and get her to calm down around other dogs, her over reacting gets older dogs to go on the defensive.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
spacecadetz26

Re: New Family Member...

Post by spacecadetz26 »

awwwwww what a cutie!!!

I would start with training right away, best thing that can be done for those dogs. they like to please and when other people see your dog is well behaved its always a help to prevent breed discrimination which i'm sure you will encounter... I do all the time with my rotts and my presa canario pit mix, I just started telling everyone he's an american bulldog so I didnt get "oh he's a monster pitbull". People that were walking down the same side of the street would cross the street to go around us its crazy, but until you see it for yourself you'll start wondering whats wrong with people... my dogs are trained house pets not killer guard dogs. I actually have my Rupert dog trained on cart pulling, and beginning agility courses, and even scent tracking! So much a dog can do.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Training is definitely the first thing in the works. She has a pretty good base already so I just need to improve upon it and get her to understand who is in charge now but she's getting it. And I already know about all the idiots who will take the extra time to try to avoid her but that's their problem if they want to think that. So far she hasn't barked or lunged toward any person we've introduced her too or even been around, not even a growl.

We took her to some fireworks last night and at first she was barking at them when they first started then she got over it and just continued to try to eat mosquitoes... kids were running around too and she didn't care in the least.

I've been thinking about a dog for a long time and my biggest thing was I wanted to save one of these dogs because of how much they just get looked over. It's pathetic and sad and actually the pound told us that people would come in and see that they only had Pits and they would just turn around and leave.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

People love them as puppies, then neglect to train them and they become unruly house terrors. They get so high strung from poor breeding, lack of exercise and lack of obedience training they can't keep them in the house anymore then eventually take them to the pound where they stay, unless they are purebred looking or put down because they've been there so long. When I got my female rott from the shelter they had 0 pits there, i'm guessing they were all put down because they are never adopted. Even she was there over a month and i'm guessing she was next to go.

If you need any training tips let me know, i've been doing obedience and agility over a year and a half now.

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

cute pup! congrats.

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Bman Gtz

Post by Bman Gtz »

Congrats to both of you Jon and Amy, super cute, question is, will she attend Bfest!

BMAN

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

She wouldn't fit unless we take two cars lol... And then we'd have to find a pet friendly hotel near the national one so yeah that's still up in the air, and that's if we can attend the event next year.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Yup! Kids = Cats in my book.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

:) Ive really learned a lot about dogs over the past year. It really is a shame they get such a bad rep, but they certainly do have the potential to be mean and aggressive dogs. Otherwise, they are full of love.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Most of that is how they are raised though. I have met many pit bulls over the years, and nearly all of them were well-behaved. But I have had a few close calls with a few dogs as well. We even had to put one of our own down, and he was a mixed black lab. He bit my Nephew back when he was little. Since then, folks haven't cared much for dogs, but they are ok. We had a couple since then, but both were aged when we got them, and they didn't live a long time.

At least you have something in the family. :D

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

Styluss wrote:Yup! Kids = Cats in my book.
yep my thoughts exactly.

cute puppy.

one of my friends had 3 rottweilers and one had a neck the size of my waist which was something like 28". nicest dog's i ever met.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
wi_corsica

Post by wi_corsica »

Beautiful dog! I have a Pit, she is going to be 5 in September and is 47 lbs of energy! Similar pattern as yours, only mine is a darker brown. Everyone thinks she is a bulldog....

88 Corsica Z51 // 90 Corsica Hatchback // 90 Beretta // 91 Corsica
Ozzwoman9

New Family Member...

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Pretty pup!

I'm sure you've seen pics of my Pitt/coyote mix I have. Very smart pup, but has lots of energy! He's only about 6 months old but is learning tricks after only a few mins of training. Lately he's been trying to grasp ahold of door knobs and turn them when he's locked out (I'm in trouble lol)!

Sent from my iPhone.

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

You know Jon, Amanda and I got a dog about 1.5 yrs before Becca was born... ;)

They are good at practicing your patience and prepare you for kids LOL!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah, they will drive you nuts some times, but they are worth it. Congrats.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube