Wounded but home. NE Bash thoughts and pics? Post'em up!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Asylum

Wounded but home. NE Bash thoughts and pics? Post'em up!

Post by Asylum »

Finally pulled it in the driveway at 10 this morning after a horror story drive home. (Actually got to town last night, stayed at Barbs.)

Car ran like absolute crap all the way with the O2 disconnected, SES on most of the way, and to top it all off lost a trans line to the cooler about 30 miles out of the hotel.

Cut the crap out of my hand and had to bum a ride back 10 miles to get fluid.

I think I hurt the trans, but that is for Billy to fiqure out.

Jamie actually showed up just as I was about to start dumping in the fluid and we were on our way again after about an hour.

Went thru about $80 in fuel and the tailpipes are BLACK, but that is it for this year so it's coming apart soon.

Had a great time, great people and Red Lights SUCK!

Car ran a best of 13.90, and Barb clocked a 14.13 with the car being quite a handful to stage and launch. Track surface SUCKED!

Broken or injured 5-speeds everywhere! LOL! :P

:beer:
Last edited by Asylum on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3400beretta

Re: Wounded but home

Post by 3400beretta »

Yikes.. let me know when you take it back to garage.. I'll come down to have a look. It shouldn't have been THAT bad on gas.. I tuned the stupid thing in open loop and the a/f was just about spot on. There may be some other issues going on that is more than just the wideband.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

That sounds like a shitty ride home, old man! When did the o2 start acting up again?

I need to tear in to mine soon, too...but the ride home went fairly smooth. Averaged 27mpg.

Eric, traction on the track sucked for sure...but it was nice to get so many runs in! I'd give it another shot next year.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

woody90gtz wrote:
Eric, traction on the track sucked for sure...but it was nice to get so many runs in! I'd give it another shot next year.
That is the problem with Test and Tune Days. Almost all tracks just won't spend the money to prep properly, and the reason I generally avoid them.

But it is a welcoming and comfortable facility, and we'll have to see what people think when next spring rolls around.

It was a great weekend with the exception of some of the problems people encountered with their cars, and I'd be interested in returning next August or September.

I'll have to speak with Kelly and try to avoid a conflict as happened this year which only serves to compromise both outings to some degree, but it was a harmless coincidence.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
MAD MARK

Re: Wounded but home. NE Bash thoughts and pics? Post'em up!

Post by MAD MARK »

Glad I could make the Saturday evening/night.

I liked it being later in the year, didnt miss the heat at all.

Shay has the camera, so maybe she will post up some pictures.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Just checked the BSD website and the track photographer must not have been there Sat, only Fri & Sun...
http://www.tdspeedshotz.com/

I liked it being later in the year, too.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
joesgtz

Post by joesgtz »

Since I couldn't log in with my oldscreen name I created a new one. I think one of the most memorable events is when Dozer decided to run into a room that was not occupied by a bfester. And I have never seen a dog that enjoyed feet to the extent that he does. Cute dog, made the girlfriend miss the pug we left a home lol. Anyway's is anybody interested in throwing me their email address? Ill send you the few pics I took plus the pic of a very interesting car that tried to get me to race on the way home. That should get a laught or at least a chuckle out of some of you.

Oh and Cranky I didn't break or injure my 5 speed LOL.
I beleive I also taught our Canadian friends that in PA you can buy beer at a bar and LEAVE with it. :beer:

ketchupredz26

Post by ketchupredz26 »

I have a ton of pictures. I will post them when I can get to a computer. I got some good breakdown shots, Mark got some good drunken people shots.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I had a great time this year. I really need to stay all 3 days next year.

My car broke, so I couldnt finish wooping up the automatics before the elimination runs were over. My slave cylinder seized up and blew a seal somehow. Great autozone quality I guess.

So I had to drive 3 hours home with no clutch. It went pretty well, I only had to stop at 2 tolls and 2 red lights. I *may* have rolled a few stop signs or yellow lights.

Yesterday I pulled the trans out and put another slave in it and the beretta is back on the road. Doing the 5-speed trans with the motor still in the car is not that fun.

I ran a best of 14.4x at 96. Pretty disappointing. It probably has to do with me now having a rigged full exhaust and a cat. Bad 3rd gear is not helping. With a cutout and trans rebuild I think I can run 14.1's again or better.

93n96retta

Post by 93n96retta »

i got my pics also will try to post em after work had an awesome time great meeting all of you woody my car sounds awesome with that stock air cleaner off plus i can tell theres more horses when its cold

93 beretta base 3.1 mpfi 5 speed
96 beretta base 3100sfi auto
93 eagle talon es 2.0 dohc 5 speed
94 chevy siverado 4x4 ext cab 350ci auto
81 ford mustang dirt mini stock 2.3 5 speed
Speed Demon Racing #91
Justin Young
Jud
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Tiffany was glad Dozer was a hit. Although I don't think that lady Saturday night liked him! hahahah

I got a few pictures, but not many. Tony and his gf got a bunch that they posted on facebook. Don't know how many of you will be able to see the link, but here it is:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... 1557332171

I really liked this pic:

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
joesgtz

Post by joesgtz »

The girlfriend thought Dozer was hilarious. She was about ready to shove him in the car and take him LOL. So a quick little story. On the way up, she pulled me over because the coolant light flashed on in the GTI. I checked it out and everything looked good. Just to keep an eye on it, everytime we moved it or drove it we checked the parking spot to ensure it was not leaking from anywhere. We drove it out to the Penn State game and back saturday with absolutely no issues. On our way home Sunday she flagged me over again. This time all the dash lights came on. When I went to pop the hood I could feel the heat just radiating from underneath it. The coolant level was extremely low, but it was not leaking from anywhere. When we got home, she shut the car off but the fan ran for nearly 15 minutes before kicking off. I went out to check after it was cooled down and when I pulled the dipstick out for the oil, it had a very funny looking color to it. I am guessing that on the GTI decided to pull a trick out of the quad's playbook and decide to =@ blow the head gasket. It goes into the shop tomorrow for a better diagnosis, (thank god for warranties). The ironic part of everything to me was she wanted to follow me up there just in case the 20 year old car that I put back together broke, but instead her brand new car with probably millions of dollars worth of R&D broke. I guess garage engineering :beer: is a little better than German engineering. LOL :evil:

93n96retta

Post by 93n96retta »

dozer was awesome. funny dog. older german cars im told are ok my uncle spent time over there in the army but id rather stay with my american cars

Speed Demon Racing #91
Justin Young
Jud
93n96retta

Post by 93n96retta »

eric did you get my message with my address and the shirt sizes? and i was also thinking on my way home saturday night next yr we could possably have the ne meet in sayre pa or waverly ny theres tons of hotels closer drag strip lots of bars and a beer distributor open till 11 i might propose it for national meet too but i think its lacking some of the requirements for that but a little meet it would be an awesome place

Speed Demon Racing #91
Justin Young
Jud
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

id be game for it and hopefully i would get to stay but to know my wife stayed pregnant was more important but still lil upset as i wanted to meet more people n i doubt i woulda been able to run my car as im finding that it may need clutch replaced along with maybe slave and throwout bearing