Business Card Interest

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
NMBeretta

Re: Business Card Interest

Post by NMBeretta »

I like those!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

scd88ga wrote:Sounds too compressed and cluttered for a business card to me...
DTMAce's design reduced to actual business card size...

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Except that my business card that I have in my hand that I printed at 2x3.5 looks a hell of a lot better than that and its bigger than your adjusted image, which if I measure it on my screen its less than 75 percent of actual. So your reducing is wrong, due to your screen settings probably (in other words it probably looks right on your screen). Mine are set to 1:1 and 100 percent zoom. lol

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Here is the image of the front and the back together, resolution of 100 pixels to an inch, dimensionally 2" x 3.5". (the image is 4" x 3.5" currently)

Edit: It should be noted, that for a better quality print, I can easily do these with a higher pixel-to-inch resolution, say 200 or even 400 to a square inch. Not sure what res publisher prints these at, but they have a good image on the test sheet I ran.

How it displays on each computer may vary. But this should look better.

Here are some other hand shots, of the card actually printed:

The last you can see the size of the previous repost of the image, and the actual card size on my screen. That is held right next to the screen too. Then I have shots with the keyboard and keys so you have a point of reference.

I think they printed really damn good. Helps that I have a heavy duty HP printer, but still. They will look even better with a brighter paper, may even go with a photo type, if I can find one.
Last edited by DTMAce on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

Print them up bro!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Well, lets get some other input first. I can always tweak these really easy if need be.

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

I had to reduce it to 60% to get it to be normal business card size on my screen. They look better than what I expected printed out.

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Bman Gtz

Post by Bman Gtz »

Bman likes and approves.

BMAN

themadness

Post by themadness »

very nice job ace. if you dont mind,i would like to critique the cards just a little.

the spacing and alignment seem to have an off layout. here are the couple of things i would change. it seems like alot but its not really
-remove or justify the bullets of the info you can get here
-reword the description of b'fest to be a little shorter
-center the car a little to ease away from the edge
-i personally would lose the heading and replace it with the "beretta.net" line you have at the bottom

as for the front i would just make "beretta.net" a little larger and the other text slightly smaller.

i tend to be a minimalist when it comes to graphics. the more info you can convey in the quickest way possible is rule of thumb for business cards. all commercial design in general really.

some junk i did several years ago....
http://www.freewebs.com/digitalvillain/ ... design.htm

DUBS28

Post by DUBS28 »

Nice! I suppose local contact info could be written over the Beretta picture on the back.

GW Bancroft (on FB)
'91 Black GTZ
'93 Quasar GT 5-Speed (Under Construction)
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

scd88ga wrote:I had to reduce it to 60% to get it to be normal business card size on my screen. They look better than what I expected printed out.
Thanks! While I know there isn't much space, I wanted it to catch the eye pretty well on the front. I figure that side really doesn't need much.
bizkit20ny wrote:Bman likes and approves.
:P
themadness wrote:very nice job ace. if you dont mind,i would like to critique the cards just a little.

the spacing and alignment seem to have an off layout. here are the couple of things i would change. it seems like alot but its not really
-remove or justify the bullets of the info you can get here
-reword the description of b'fest to be a little shorter
-center the car a little to ease away from the edge
-i personally would lose the heading and replace it with the "beretta.net" line you have at the bottom

as for the front i would just make "beretta.net" a little larger and the other text slightly smaller.

i tend to be a minimalist when it comes to graphics. the more info you can convey in the quickest way possible is rule of thumb for business cards. all commercial design in general really.

some junk i did several years ago....
http://www.freewebs.com/digitalvillain/ ... design.htm
Yeah, I was thinking of adjusting some of that again too. I need to redo my text box, I have only one for the stuff on the left, I really need to do 2, one for the list and one for the fest yammering. I may shrink the car a tad too.
DUBS28 wrote:Nice! I suppose local contact info could be written over the Beretta picture on the back.
Exactly! Actually I think I may shrink the car a tad and lighten it, so its not as visible but still there, and then whoever can write what they want right over it.

Thanks for the input guys.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

While I appreciate the effort Ace, it lacks the professional touch of fundamental layout principles. I sent the Bnet logo to Gerson a few days ago, and I'm excited to see what he comes up with. A nice clean design I think will leave a better impression.

Although maybe Brett would be better than Gerson, since he is the calendar expert. :P

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I was tempted to replace the image of the GTU on the back with the logo from the header here... lol

I agree, it needs some refinement, but there again, just trying to put something up. I actually like the front a lot the way it is though. The back is what I think needs more tweaking.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I like! I'm not a fan of the outlined car on the back. I think it looks a bit, cheesy/last minute. I also feel that there is not enough white space to write a "personal message" on there either, which is one thing I would really enjoy these cards being able to provide. Although I do like the notes about what we as a community and the website has to offer a newcomer.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ok, I re-worked the back, tweaked the front a squint. Ignore the red squiggly lines, stupid publisher. They won't be on the final print anyway. I just took screen caps of the things in publisher and cropped.

Anyway, here are what I am really happy with as a final from me:

Please note, the previous image I posted was replaced with this one, so the old version is gone from the server. If you don't see a change, hit F5 or refresh your browser.