Beretta Fest?

Archive section for Bfest Topics

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

We have been taking our 1991 Beretta to car shows for about 5years now and our two big shows are Carlisle GM Show and Super Chevy Show in Maple Grove and I have been wanting to go to a BF...but he heard that it is just a big party... we try to stay away from the custom compact shows and that kind of stuff we are very laid back people and like shows that are like that.... my question is what are the BF like? Is there "real" judging, and if so is there judges or participants judging and is there awards or trophies....also does everyone respect each others cars (my car is like my child, I sure most of you think that tooof your Beretta's) and when is it in June? Any info to help me convince him to go would be great we live in PA so he agreed to travel to Pitt but now I just need to convince him it is not a big party!

ErichZ26

Beretta Fest?

Post by ErichZ26 »

If you go to custom car shows with a Chevy Beretta to compete or show your probably parked next to Lumina, Monte Carlo.   If that is what you want to compare too then thats the show for you.     There is a bit of Beretta knowledge and lore to be found.  Until last year there was no official judging.  

Yes it is a party.  Some of us are couped up behind a computer for months and when we get out to this national event we tend to let loose.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

Actually we are usually with cavailers or luminas or we are in a class by years...and it is nice to be in classes with other cars so it is more competive but i want to see what my baby does next to another beretta
we have competed before with other berettas but it was not really judged it was participant judging...
And partying is okay but wild partying and drinking and drugs and disrepecting others cars and half naked girls leaning on cars is not for us/me...is that what letting loose is like at BF....cause I ain't having no girl leaning on my baby unless it was me.....and I don't disrepect my car like that it makes my car look trashy....I am not trying to disrepect anyone else just trying to find out what BF is like...

MAJ28

Beretta Fest?

Post by MAJ28 »

There's no "import hoes" or anything like that.  Usually there is drinking and partying, but it's not like a loud and obnoxious scene, for the most part.  It's usually fairly quiet harmless drinking.  Drug use is strictly prohibited, this year we've enacted an official code of conduct, as detailed here:
Code of Conduct Topic

For the most part we are a tame, family-friendly group. ÂÂÂ Also, this is a very well planned event, and I'm going to do my best to make it even better planned then ever before.  We have a great location this year!  

As for your other question, I'm the wrong person to ask.

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

thanks i will tell him about it

ErichZ26

Beretta Fest?

Post by ErichZ26 »

(AS555 @ Jan. 16 2006,13:58)Q
U
O
T
EAnd partying is okay but wild partying and drinking and drugs and disrepecting others cars and half naked girls leaning on cars is not for us/me...is that what letting loose is like at BF....cause I ain't having no girl leaning on my baby unless it was me.....and I don't disrepect my car like that it makes my car look trashy....I am not trying to disrepect anyone else just trying to find out what BF is like...
There usually are not 1/2 naked girls running around, but i am sure its happened.    And to be honest I might even welcome it.    I have run around  1/2 naked, partially intoxicated.   We were described as a cross between Computer Geek and Mechanics at the Milwaukee fest a few years ago.    

If you respect your own Beretta or at least Beretta's I doubt your going to have a problem at this particular gathering.

BTW I do take these cars pretty seriously, I showed up with 2 of my own last year, and involved with several others in attendence for either work and or parts.

bonecrrusher

Beretta Fest?

Post by bonecrrusher »

Cack naked is the new hottness. Get a case or two of Coronas in him, and he'll take off all his clothes.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

Well thanks for all the info but I just found out that it is the same weekend as the GM Nationals, hopefully we can attend one next year or is there anymore near PA this year...

I don't mind if girls run around naked as long as they don't touch my car....My man has told that I love both of my Beretta's more than him and I hated when he is right.....lol....

Thanks again for all the info hopefully we can soon go to one this year or next year.....

GcDiaz

Beretta Fest?

Post by GcDiaz »

Let me chime in, as last year's BFest was my first...

It is NOT an auto show. It is not HIN or any of that ****. The objective is not to show off your latest mods and get a prize. The way I see it BNet and BStuff are communities for people who despite all logic and reason choose to own, modify, or simply maintain Berettas. Personally, I just love my car, and will own it until it dies or circumnstances demand otherwise. I'm sure tons of people on here feel the same way. So what is BFest? It is an opportunity for those of us who share this interest to come together, appreciate each other's work (if any), and basically eat, drink and be merry in Beretta brotherhood. Or something. I can honestly say that I met some very cool people last year, and I look forward to more alcoholic adventures in '06.

As I told someone at BFest '05, one difference I noticed between BFest and most Nissan meets I've been to (used to drive an Altima) is that it isn't all about the cars. I saw just as many beaters as I did magazine stars, with mine being the beater-est of them all. Didn't matter one bit.

The only one who can miss with this gun is the sucker with the bread to buy it.

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

okay thanks!

I might just drive my 95' down to one of the shows then...I would love to meet other Beretta people but my show car is to show off and get her some trophies my goal is to get a trophie from Meguiar's and then I will be satisfied...that and the show car I own with my ex and he hates to be around people that drink I really don't care though so I guess I will have to travel this one alone....do you know of any other Bfest besides Pittsburgh or minifest that are near PA in the summer or Fall?

ErichZ26

Beretta Fest?

Post by ErichZ26 »

I understand the need for you and your boyfriend to show off. ÂÂÂ I like to show off too. ÂÂÂ I would also understand if you and him were intimidated by some of the beretta's that attend berettafest. ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Its funny how your both soo into your 1991 Beretta but just showed up around here in 2006 nearly 10 years from the beginning of the mailing list, and almost 5 years of forums. ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ I think I would hate to be around your ex. ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Now...your EX...he's your EX BOYFRIEND.  Why don't you show up in June, drink a few beers when you pop by my tent and remove some clothes(clothing removal is optional). ÂÂÂ ÂÂÂ Let the EX go to GM Nationals to fetch his trophy. ÂÂÂ If it makes you feel better I will have a trophy made just for you.

Jeph

Beretta Fest?

Post by Jeph »

someone needs to learn where the period(.) key is

its not about the cars, or the show. its about the people who OWN the cars.  

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

I know where the period key is. Thank you. I guess everone types alittle different. Didn't know it was English class. LOL.
I have heard about Beretta Fest and just wanted to hear from people that have actually gone to it. And how is it not about the cars you wouldn't have the show without the cars. Right?
Anyways thank you for the ones who did give the info I needed. Hopefully I can attend another one to meet the other owners and show off one of my Beretta's.

Beretta Fest?

Post by Guest »

ErichZ26 I don't get intimintated easily!!!
Yes he is my EX BF, and we just recently broke up again. But we are still friends. And I want the trophy too. So why don't you travel up to Carlisle in June or Maple Grove in July and see if yours is competition for my baby. Or I'll see if that trophy of yours is worth anything.

We owned the car for 8 yrs been showing her for 5years and my ex didn't want me on the web talking about our car. But now that I own one and him and I own one he can't say anything. That and I heard that this site had alot of jerks on it but I think they were wrong.  I haven't had a problem yet!

ErichZ26

Beretta Fest?

Post by ErichZ26 »

(AS555 @ Jan. 18 2006,08:43)Q
U
O
T
EThat and I heard that this site had alot of jerks on it but I think they were wrong.  I haven't had a problem yet!
Only the participants here without Beretta's are the jerks.