1991 Beretta GT

List a Beretta Item for sale
Krstna

1991 Beretta GT

Post by Krstna »

Idk what she's worth, make me an offer. this is my only car so I'm open to trades as well.

Located in Modesto, ca

This was my great grandmas car and only had like 17,500 miles on it when I got her, currently has 54,xxx miles on the original motor. The computer chip was replaced a couple years ago, things like the tires, alternator, battery and maybe a couple other random parts have been changed out but she's pretty much original every where else. Paint is original. Only upgrade I've done is the deck but I have the old one still. I believe I still have the price sticker and paperwork from the dealership even.

The dashboard has warped some, one of the power window switches broke off but still works, the driver side seat is falling apart from getting in and out, some other normal wear. I kinda scraped, not hit, a trailer once so the passenger side fender is scraped a little. You can see in the pics.

Mechanically she runs great mostly. Lately she's hesitating on acceleration, misfiring and idling rough. But not always. When she's not doing that stuff she runs great. I couldn't say what's wrong with her, pvc valve is my best guess so ill be replacing that and going from there. if i figure it out ill update the post

I've never sold a car so idk what info is all needed. I took a lot of pics so just ask if you have more questions. Thanks :)

Krstna

Re: 1991 Beretta GT

Post by Krstna »

heres the pics....
Attachments
front drivers side.jpg
passengers side.jpg
damage2.jpg
damage.jpg

Krstna

Post by Krstna »

and some more.....
Attachments
dash.jpg
drivers seat.jpg
IMG_0198.jpg
under hood.jpg
odometer.jpg

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Is there a price that you are set on?

keep'em flying!
Krstna

Post by Krstna »

Im really not sure. hopefully enough to get a new used car.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Without a price in mind I will forewarn you that you will get offers around 500-800 for this car in this condition. The only thing you have going for it is the low mileage and possibly the rust freeness of it... If you post pictures to prove that of course.

I hate to see a dead black interior too... so rare of an option and just didn't survive.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

54 xxx miles and the interior looks like that!!!! Took indoor hockey to the next level I guess... :shock:

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

The base model Beretta interior seat material seem to rot from UV rays.
I've seen the tops of the back seats all ripped up and nobody is sitting on the top.
From the dash it looks like the car sat in the sun a lot.
Z26 cloth interior stood up much better.
It is definitely a project car with all the issues.
But if it is solid underneath it may be a decent car when somebody gets done with it.
I have a passenger fender in that color. Too bad it's out in California.

Krstna

Post by Krstna »

Thanks for sticking up for my interior, lol. She really is a good a little car. I need to appreciate her more myself I guess...

For now I think I jumped the gun on selling her. She's at the shop since yesterday so mechanical problems will be fixed soon. And I plan on fixing the fender too. I should've had that done before selling.

Who knows maybe I'll like her again after she's fixed....

Can we move my thread to members rides section at least for now? I think I want to explore why you guys love berettas so much and see if I can't love mine too.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Well that is good to hear. One thing is that you have something rare. Hell, most people don't even know what these cars are in the first place.
You could just swap in some grey seats(front and rear) and a grey console. That would be a nice contrast with the black. Would say a grey dash too, but that is a lot of work.
Z26 or GTU/GTZ seats are a nice upgrade.
See if ifixalot will sell you that fender. A body shop can fix yours, but it's going to take a lot of work. Pounded a few dents out in my day and that is a nasty one.

keep'em flying!
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

Krstna wrote:Can we move my thread to members rides section at least for now? I think I want to explore why you guys love berettas so much and see if I can't love mine too.
we luv our cars 'cause we r freekin nuts!!!

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

I think trying to ship my fender from IL to Ca would cost way too much.

I like my Beretta because I think it has timeless good looks. I see people
looking at it when I drive by, I think they like it. They turn their heads
as I go by. It's sporty, it's faster than my mini van, flip down rear seat is kinda cool
when I go to Home Depot, people watch as I load a ten foot section of PVC pipe or
long board or whatever through the back seat into the car and close the trunk.
It rusts a lot slower than a Cavalier. I like FWD in the snow.
And I don't see much out there that I would rather have.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

It's a terrible heart-wrenching disease for which there is no cure!

They hold a retreat every June at various places around the country year to year, where members and followers meet to discuss the devastating situation which has taken over their lives.

They often involve several days of cross-country travel, and three days of what can only be described generously as somewhat bizarre human behavior.

Seldom does anything useful come out of these sombre get-togethers, but at least it's an effort by the afflicted to address the hopelessness.

It's called BerettaFest. You may have read about it on here.

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Krstna

Post by Krstna »

I took her down to Midas and had them figure out what was wrong and they quoted me $1200 for plug wires and injectors. $1200!! of course I didn't have them do the work, lol. My bf showed me how to do the wires and my moms bf let me help with the injectors. She runs great again!!

Also I posted her on Craigslist and some guy offered me $2000. I'm leaning more towards keeeping her now, but is $2000 a good offer?

CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

1200 is just ridiculous! These shops charge way to much for what the job really is. Im glad to hear you did it all yourself. Good work. :good: Sorry about banging on your interior the black is super sexy. I didn't know the sun can actually rott an interior like that.