finally found a gtz, brought it home, pics pg 4!

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
Asylum

Re: looking for a 91-93 beretta gtz, my last attempt!

Post by Asylum »

I'm guessing this is Penfold's old car.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

that would be the one^^^^ and i had no way to get a hold of him or that car woulda been mine instead of the one i got now this is mikes old car

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Ooooooooh, Tiffwad's gaybaru is a pearl white...but it looks kinda girly to me. I'm not sure I'd like it on a Beretta. Not as bad as raspberry though! haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
speedy

Post by speedy »

car is at home with me now, took 6 hours to get there to get it, used a lifted jeep cherokee with 33's and a car dolley to get it home, amazingly we didnt run into any problems, pics....

theres plastic under the magnetic lights, dont worry. =)
sorry guys, broke my good phone, and thats as good as they get with a vintage razor phone! lol.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Wanako

Re: finally found a gtz, brought it home, pics pg 4!

Post by Wanako »

haha! eggcrate on a Z04! Take that Woody!

Great find speedy. It looks to be in good shape. Take care of it and post some decent pics ASAP!

:beer:

GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

white 91...MOAR PIX!

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

How about some better pics? lol

Congrats..... :P

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Wanako wrote:haha! eggcrate on a Z04! Take that Woody!
91s with the eggcrate are the redheaded stepchildren of the Z family.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
speedy

Post by speedy »

lol at woody, this was penfolds car, the interior is basicly trashed, its got some dents in the drivers door, and needs paint on the front left fender, no big deal at all, it was mikes car before jeremy got ahold of it, but i cant for the life of me seem to remember what in the hell was done to the thing?? i gotta go over it, i know it ran a 14 in the quarter mile n/a, seems to rev quick while i played with it a lil bit, almost sounds if the car warms up enough for the idle to come down, like it has w41 cams, it started to lope this morning, around 5a when i got home, but who knows, its a cold start and its probably been a long time since it was ran.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

he put 3.94 tranny and lightweight flywheel, w41 chip and i believe the head and exhaust manifold is ported but no w41 cams and i believe it has eibach kyb setup on it also. how much did jeremy let it go for and did he leave the porsche seats in it???

speedy

Post by speedy »

i didnt buy it from jeremy, i bought it from a guy who got it from jeremy and was just looking to use it for a parts car or race car... so lets just say, i saved a quad gtz, wich is always a plus in my book. =). yes, the porsche seats are still in it, and i dont want them in it, the dash is wrapped in leather crap, i have a blue dash in mint condition, litterally, but i need a 91 grey dash, anyone wanna trade?? and he painted the kick panels and some other other stuff black for some unknown reason, im going to take some paint thinner to it and try to revive it, unless anyone knows any other suggestions to get the paint off? back seat is bassicly toast, and i have no front seats for it unless i used the z26 seats wich are a lighter grey, but i dont have much choice. i need to do an oil change and pick up an oil pressure sending unit, not sure about the kyb and eibachs yet, didnt check it all out.

Mikey Morris

Post by Mikey Morris »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:he put 3.94 tranny and lightweight flywheel, w41 chip and i believe the head and exhaust manifold is ported but no w41 cams and i believe it has eibach kyb setup on it also. how much did jeremy let it go for and did he leave the porsche seats in it???

Correct for the most part. Head is stock. That car went high 14s at Cecil. Originally from Baltimore.

tvc3-gtz

Post by tvc3-gtz »

I would take on the purple z26 quad project, but the amount of money needed ill stick with my 90 GTZ.... tho I am in the market for a z26 or maybe, just maybe another indy.. nice find speedy thats a beautiful car

Z26_T

Post by Z26_T »

to get the paint off i recommend a pressure washer... Just bought a 3100 UIM that was painted black. put it in the shop's pressure washer twice, soaked it in some hecka harmful chemicals, barely did jack. Put the pressure washer to it and cleaned it right up. But this was aluminum and you're dealing with plastic... but shouldn't be much different.

heavywoody wrote:Beretta, fast, reliable, and cost effective are words that should not be used in the same sentence.
95' BRM Z26. cammed/ported 3400/3500 Hybrid. HM282, OBD2, Garret T3/T04E 60 Trim, IC.