White 89 GTU - Salt lake City, UT

All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
ronaconda

White 89 GTU - Salt lake City, UT

Post by ronaconda »

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid= ... ad=4752307

Very good looking car for the mileage ~202k. Talked with her about the price though and she is firm with the $3k+ price. Below are the pics that the seller emailed me. Seller can be contacted through the email link in the ad.

Wanako

Re: White 89 GTU - Salt lake City, UT

Post by Wanako »

Not even a more reliable and probably more powerful/efficient Honda from the 90's is worth that much. Bitch be outside her mind. For the mileage, year and condition, I'd say $2K TOPS.

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Wanako wrote:Not even a more reliable and probably more powerful/efficient Honda from the 90's is worth that much. Bitch be outside her mind. For the mileage, year and condition, I'd say $2K TOPS.

Actually, where I live that isn't that bad a deal, the only two GTU's I found in my area were $27xx and $29xx and they both had problems, the one didn't even run. I got a good deal on mine, traded a rotted out old 90 s10 truck lol and mine is rust free and has no peeling paint at all, and she came with wheels that cost around $1500 used.

And I hope your joking about a old 90's honda being more powerful, they only had 90-100hp new lol

EDIT: Ohh, didn't read the linked add, price is a bit high, didn't realize it had problems

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

Be nice Gerson...she seems very nice...just needs to sell her car.

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

body looks good, aside from marks on passenger side. but (surprise surprise) dash is fuculated...), high miles, and issues (tranny pan leak), and it's auto instead of manual tranny... it wont see more than $1500

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Unless someone is plain up stupid, she wont get that for a car that has 202k+ miles on it. Shes out of her gourd!

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Usually "needs a transmission gasket ,filter and flluid change" is code for "my trans is fucked and I think you're too stupid to realize it if I word it like general maintenance".

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

ronaconda wrote:Be nice Gerson...she seems very nice...just needs to sell her car.
yeah, my bad, i went overboard :P but still, that's still too much for it though.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

GTU89 wrote:
Wanako wrote:Not even a more reliable and probably more powerful/efficient Honda from the 90's is worth that much. Bitch be outside her mind. For the mileage, year and condition, I'd say $2K TOPS.
And I hope your joking about a old 90's honda being more powerful, they only had 90-100hp new lol
Again, yes I may have been out of my mind, Civics, yes had small HPz, but I think that generation Prelude had 130HP out of a 2.0 i-4 and even 90s Camrys with the V6s had like 160 or something HP.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I will admit, there are a ton of people out there that will pay this price simply because they are the "average citizen". They don't know any better like we do. But with that said I echo "Bitch be outside her mind". And so are you Gerson for saying the car is even worth $2k! I haven't even seen the pics (I'm at work, blocked) and I can tell you I wouldn't pay more than $900 TOPS!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There's an issue with this statement
ronaconda wrote:she seems very nice...just needs to sell her car.
If she NEEDS to sell her car you price it to move... if she NEEDS money then you are trying to sell the wrong item to get the money needed here.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

3X00-Modified wrote:There's an issue with this statement
ronaconda wrote:she seems very nice...just needs to sell her car.
If she NEEDS to sell her car you price it to move... if she NEEDS money then you are trying to sell the wrong item to get the money needed here.
I couldn't agree with you more Jon...i was merely paraphrasing the ad and the conversations her and i have had about it.

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

that car is pretty decent looking for having that many miles on it. and utah is rust free too!

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

No, Utah is NOT rust free. Don't know where you heard that but it's wrong. They use a ton of salt up there on the roads. I lucked out on my Quasar I bought in SLC, and it has virtually no rust on it , I think mainly, because it was not winter driven.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

Styluss wrote:\But with that said I echo "Bitch be outside her mind". And so are you Gerson for saying the car is even worth $2k!
It is already common knowledge that I'm a bit :crazy:!! Your argument is invalid! :lol:

:burn: