Official Berettafest 2006 Location

Archive section for Bfest Topics
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

What ever you do, dont drive a Pontiac Transport (?) APV van over 80mph, or even over 55mph on a Michigan road..

It shakes like a wet noodle.

:-\

_________
-------------
MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

(Jeph @ Oct. 27 2005,21:43)Q
U
O
T
Eim a-scared to push 95...
In a GT?  I would be too!  Even with my lowering springs, my KYB's and 3 strut tower braces my yellow Indy made me nervous at 124mph.  (My Z26 = owned by OBDII.)

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
Jeph

Post by Jeph »

shoulda been in my car before they balanced the tires, jason..lol at 76, i thought the front wheels were gonna race me down the street.  

Post by Guest »

And they reamed me for getting off topic...

spacecadetz26

Post by spacecadetz26 »

(MAJ28 @ Oct. 28 2005,08:47)Q
U
O
T
E(Jeph @ Oct. 27 2005,21:43)Q
U
O
T
Eim a-scared to push 95...
In a GT?  I would be too!  Even with my lowering springs, my KYB's and 3 strut tower braces my yellow Indy made me nervous at 124mph.  (My Z26 = owned by OBDII.)

»Jason
owned x2 because your z26 isn't obdII

Steph
94 Camaro B4C Special Service Package
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I think they also should have reamed you for blatantly skipping around the swear filter geetee.  As for the rest of this... I'm scared for Bfest this year.  Really honestly scared.  Given some of last years planning debacles, and the great popularity of the committee, I just have a bad feeling.  

93 GTs
backwoodzberetta

Post by backwoodzberetta »

Sometimes the whole thing can be like a soap opera.  I hope I can make it.  I'll have an internship for the summer but I could be anywhere from ohio to montana.

-Nick

This car has 223,000 miles on it and gets 37 mpg highway.

RIP  In it's last stages of life.

Post by Guest »

Q
U
O
T
EI think they also should have reamed you for blatantly skipping around the swear filter geetee.

Blah blah.

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

(KFLO 93 GT @ Oct. 29 2005,21:12)Q
U
O
T
EI think they also should have reamed you for blatantly skipping around the swear filter geetee.  As for the rest of this... I'm scared for Bfest this year.  Really honestly scared.  Given some of last years planning debacles, and the great popularity of the committee, I just have a bad feeling. ÂÂÂ
Kurt,

I would be interested if you elaborated on these comments.  Yes everyone knows the directions sucked last year...  but what else?  I posted a feedback post months ago, with no real big complaints about organization.  It is key to have feedback (positive or negative) for us to make Bfest better.  Please also keep in mind that last year was the first time that I have headed up a Bfest and the whole committee idea, some things take a little time to develop.  And not that I want to open up a can of worms, but what is this popularity of the committee thing?  The committee was completely open to anyone to be voted in.  So if you feel the right people were not voted in then you should have nominated yourself or something to do something about it.  My goal is to put on the best event for everyone that I can.  To me Bfest (or the committee) is NOT a popularity contest.  Sure some people don't get along with others and so forth, but that is not what the event is about.  Hanging out with good friends, sightseeing, checking out people's cars, and enjoying the common bond that we all share - Berettas.  While you (and others I'm sure) have a fear of popularity, organization,  etc.....   my only fear is that this fear (of popularity, etc.) will drive this community further apart.  Have a little faith, give myself and the committee a chance, and we will show everyone how good Bfest can be.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
cramez

Post by cramez »

In my opinion, the committe should be just a bit more in the background.  Doug Blair ran Bfest for how long and it operated smoothly, and you barely heard a word from him.  The committee seems to want to have a hand in everything, and last years directions were a perfect example of why that won't work.  Mr. Mike's directions worked, the modified ones did not.  

I also think the deadline this year was too quick.  Not necessarily too soon, but too quick.  We were told about the deadline 3 weeks before it.  Most of us have jobs and/or schooling that eats up much of our time, and one or two Saturdays is just not enough time to put togther something good.  I know of at least 4 proposals that were in the works and could not be completed in time.  I'm sure a couple people saw the 3 week notice, figured they'd never have time, and never even started a proposal.  

Also, when planning a proposal, we need to start looking more carefully at cities.  For example, we always go to a drag strip, and it is always 90 minutes away.  Figure out things we know we are going to do, and then get a location that is near them.  

As for any problems that we had from last year with people, it's pretty simple.  If we want the group and the event to be respected, then we have to earn it.  Anyone that comes to Bfest and vandalizes a car or acts like a child should be asked not to return.  Bfest is the LAST place I would think I need to be watching my car so no one messes with it, and I was watching it like a hawk last year.  be somewhat mature and respectful or don't come, period.  I'll agree last years parking lot times were great, but climbing on the building and throwing melon around....bad idea.  Almost any other hotel would have had the cops there; I'm still kinda surprised they didn't.  I guarantee no one there respects our organization or our event.  If the group wants respect, individuals need to be kept in line.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

For the record we don't always go to the drag strip.   Most of the time we drag race but we did not drag race in St Louis...even though there was a nice strip down there.   I could really do without the attitude of the track and attendee's.

As far as getting the proposals done.   The only difficulty in schedule of the event is the time.  Locations change day to day due to events out of the control.    Causing problems and opprtunities in planning.    Some of the prior excuses and pity posts were not what the "group" needed.    If similar problems arise to prior years it might be a good idea to pick a location and time frame and duplicate success every year over problems.    

If there is something planned people need to explore the possibilties,  last year I was with a small group that went to the Go-kart's and we could have had a group rate.     It irritated me a bit since you guys want to be group orientated.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
MAJ28

Post by MAJ28 »

Q
U
O
T
EAlso, when planning a proposal, we need to start looking more carefully at cities.  For example, we always go to a drag strip, and it is always 90 minutes away.  Figure out things we know we are going to do, and then get a location that is near them.
I agree Bryan.  The problem as far as I have experienced is finding a location that has all the bases covered, as far as being close to a decent selection of food, recreation and the drag strip.  Drag strips are known for being in the sticks or in inconvenient locations.  The job of the commitee is to weigh in many different variables for certain decisions.  Most people don't realize all that needs taken into effect. ÂÂÂ

As far as the directions go, I will be traveling to all locations on the agenda and getting VERY detailed directions and have them reviewed by other locals if possible.

Q
U
O
T
EFor the record we don't always go to the drag strip.
At our Pittsburgh Minifests we never go to the drag strip, it's just not what's important to most of us. ÂÂÂ

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Brian,

The reason you never heard a word from ole Douggie is that he was always too busy keeping it all together.  You would be amazed at how in depth Doug went with running Bfest.  I helped him out with two previous fests (Memphis and to a lesser degree Milwaukee) and he always made sure everything was well planned out and running smoothly.  Last year was the first time we had more than 2-3 people helping run Bfest and it was a learning experience.  I know for one thing is that I didn't help too much in the final weeks last year because I had just got married and went on my honeymoon the week leading up to Bfest.  There was only so much I could do personally from a hotel in Key West    

About the deadline time...  We have struggled in past years getting a consistent timeline down for proposals.  Last year was really goofed up with Doug announcing his planning "retirement", and we got off to a very slow start.  In years past we have typically had the site voted on and set by mid-october.  My goal this year was to get people motivated and getting going with '05 still fresh in the mind.  IIRC I did allow a full month for the original deadline, and then a two week extension (I could be off here).  I feel that is more than enough time.  Heck that is more time than we had for '05 proposals and there were plenty of them for '05.  

As for the behavior of Bfest attendees...  Last year topped it all with the meyhem.  Going foward we are looking at options to try and keep people in check and yet allow them to attend.  I have spoken with most people involved in last years events.  I (believe it or not) never knew about the vandalism of that truck until sunday morning after most people had left and didn't fully know about all that was done to it until we were all back home.  Someone should have probably alerted another committee member or I to the situation so that we could do what we could about it.  

Going foward we will be strictly enforcing any "events" at Bfest that we feel are inappropriate, and those people will be dealt with.  For example, if you are involved in a fight (no matter which side) you will be talked to and warned for your actions.  The next time you are involved in something inappropriate you will be asked to leave, and the police may be called.  Basically this is a one strike rule and you are out.  By Bfest we will have something in writing that explains this fully.  Warnings will last one full year (through the next years' Bfest) and we will keep track of people on warnings.  Based on this, anyone intentionally involved in one of the many "events" at '05 are considered warned through Pittsburgh.  I should not have to explain myself fully on this, so please don't argue a point etc.  

In closing, I just want eveyone to consider the many many variables involved with putting together an event of this size.  There is a LOT of work to do, even though it is spread out throughout most of the year.  Last year was a first in many respects, and so it should be nothing but up from here.  Columbus was not as bad as some of the "horror" stories that I've heard.  All in all it was a decent fest and definitely something to build on.  Again, I just ask for everyone's faith and patience.  I know we will deliver a great Bfest in Pittsburgh.

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Mr. Mike

Post by Mr. Mike »

Q
U
O
T
EBased on this, anyone intentionally involved in one of the many "events" at '05 are considered warned through Pittsburgh.  I should not have to explain myself fully on this, so please don't argue a point etc. ÂÂÂ

I would like to add my $.02 on this comment. ÂÂÂ

I don't feel that it's appropriate to punish someone from last year's event's through this coming year's event based upon newly established "rules" that weren't effectively in place at the time of the previous incident. ÂÂÂ I believe that regardless of previous actions, everyone attending Bfest '06 sould be attending w/ a 'clean slate' so to speak.  I understand that the parties involved should have known better & maybe should have been punished for thier actions, but nowhere was the a 'code of conduct' for bfest attendees to follow, listing the concequences of their actions.  as I see it, you cannot, 'legally', repremand someone for previous actions based on new rules.

that's like the Government saying "we set up new tax rules this year & you owe us money from 1996..."

Doug96Z26

Post by Doug96Z26 »

(cramez @ Nov. 02 2005,01:35)Q
U
O
T
EIn my opinion, the committe should be just a bit more in the background.  Doug Blair ran Bfest for how long and it operated smoothly, and you barely heard a word from him.  The committee seems to want to have a hand in everything, and last years directions were a perfect example of why that won't work.  Mr. Mike's directions worked, the modified ones did not.
Brian:

I appreciate the comment about Bfest running smoothly when I had the reigns - I did my best.  But as Mike said, you barely heard a word from me because I was busy making things work - not because I didn't want to post more.  I think it's great how Mike keeps the community informed about what the committee is doing.

IMO, the committee SHOULD have its hand in every aspect of Bfest - you need that overseer to guide things.  Errors in the maps were unfortunate, but after hearing the complaints I'm sure the committee won't let that happen again.

This whole "committee" thing is really still in its infancy, and I think the community has done a great job of making the transition.  Having a committee run things as opposed to a single (or couple) people really opens up the flood gates for making Bfest bigger and better.

Oh and BTW, most of you probably never realized just how much of a wreck I was during Bfest trying to get things running smoothly - really jumpy!  Mike is close to being as meticulous and anal as I am, but he's a million times more calm.

I can't wait for Bfest this year - it's going to be awesome!

Doug
1996 CRM Z26
1996 BRM Z26
1993 GT 5spd