LOCATION AND DATE POLLS FOR 2012!! PLEASE READ!!

Archive section for Bfest Topics
DTMAce

LOCATION AND DATE POLLS FOR 2012!! PLEASE READ!!

Post by DTMAce »

Hello everyone!

I have been working to setup and secure us a hotel for the event. We also have
a small quandary as to when we should have the event. SO.

I am going to be putting up TWO (2) POLLS. The first one will decide what DATE
we want Beretta Fest 2012 to be scheduled on. You can pick "June 21 - 24", or
"June 28 - July 1", or you can pick "I don't care, as long as I get to go!".

You all have one week from today to GET YOUR VOTE IN!

For the second poll, we are doing something different for a hotel location this
year. I have talked with Mike, though I haven't talked with him since
yesterday. I felt it prudent to go ahead with these polls ASAP so we can get a
lock on when and where we will be staying.

I know there has been some speculation on parts of some, and some have guessed
it already.

Our first choice in the poll for a hotel will be Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse
City! YES! If some of you don't know, these lodges offer TONS to do and
experience. This one has a huge indoor water park (included in your room cost)
2 main restaurants, and lots of other stuff. Here is a web link to see the site
for TC's Lodge:

http://www.greatwolf.com/traverse/waterpark

This is why the room rates are $140 a night. Those rooms are normally 290 a
night for what we are getting. Yes, 150 bucks off! I currently have 30 rooms
blocked, but can expand this up to 40 if need be. Each room can sleep 4 people
or more, so many of you can choose to room together if you want.

Now, yes I have disclosed the location. But that's ok! When you do your
registration for this event, your package details will include a password that
you will need to secure your group rated room. No password, no room. They have
no problem doing that for us!

This way, you all can know what to expect, have something to think about before
deciding on our NEXT POLL.

You will have a choice between Great Wolf Lodge, or a traditional hotel. I have
so many places to pick from, its not funny. In any case, the second choice will
be a place that will have plenty of room, be nice, and cost less than 100 a
night, as well as support parking lot habits, etc..

However I'm really hoping for the Lodge, I think we would have a great time
guys!

On a final note: DO NOT vote if you do NOT intend to go! At the moment all
votes will count equally, so be sure to give us your opinion! Voting will end
on Friday, Sept 23rd.

Thanks! Questions, please ask!

The polls are being held on the YAHOOGROUP beretta page! So go there, and cast your vote!!

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Ozzwoman9

Re: LOCATION AND DATE POLLS FOR 2012!! PLEASE READ!!

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Indoor waterpark or not, there are few of us that will pay $140/night!!! I know quite a few people were complaining this year for having to pay around $100/night!

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

My first thought is, have you cleared a possible date change with the BFest committee??
My second thought is that the dates are the dates and these are what they have been for years.
Lastly, please explain why we are even considering changing the event dates? What warranted this?

Mindy, if these rooms sleep 4 *comfortably* (read, each person has a place to sleep, not a couch cushion crafted crib) then that cost turns into $35 a night. I must admit, I could care less what the rooms cost. It's a necessary BFest expense and I will pay it regardless. Plus I enjoy my privacy, so I don't see myself rooming with more than one other person as it is...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's never the same date, its always around the same weekend, and actually one year, Charlotte, it was one weekend earlier... on fathers day weekend, which actually hurt some attendance. So to say it's never changed is not true. As far as the date's go with the committee it was stated and then pointed out that the date change is 100% up to the planner of the event AKA Chris, since he was in the process of securing a hotel, so he has full control on that aspect from what I was told.

On the hotel info... $140 that gives you access to an indoor water park the whole time your there is quite a steal... and as noted if your splitting a room the rate isn't that bad.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ozzwoman9 wrote:Indoor waterpark or not, there are few of us that will pay $140/night!!! I know quite a few people were complaining this year for having to pay around $100/night!
I totally agree. But at the same time, I felt it necessary to at least ask and give everyone a choice, rather than say here is where we are staying... Obviously, price does matter to many of us, even myself.
Styluss wrote:My first thought is, have you cleared a possible date change with the BFest committee??
My second thought is that the dates are the dates and these are what they have been for years.
Lastly, please explain why we are even considering changing the event dates? What warranted this?

Mindy, if these rooms sleep 4 *comfortably* (read, each person has a place to sleep, not a couch cushion crafted crib) then that cost turns into $35 a night. I must admit, I could care less what the rooms cost. It's a necessary BFest expense and I will pay it regardless. Plus I enjoy my privacy, so I don't see myself rooming with more than one other person as it is...
Have I cleared it? Well, I have talked with Mike Pride about it briefly, and the topic of dates were also brought up. Have to remember, I am working to secure a hotel and a date that works for as much of us as I can. I know many of us are not going to care which weekend it is, as long as they KNOW so they can book the time off appropriately.

If you have been following any of the prior threads, you know there were some questions brought up about having a different date. I was able to have a bit of extra time to lock in our hotel choice, so I figured the best way to handle these things was to allow those of you wanting and planning to go to have your say in when and where. That's all.

Not trying to change traditions, just trying to appeal to as many of us as I can. My goal is for a large turnout, so I have to present options that will get us there. :D
3X00-Modified wrote:It's never the same date, its always around the same weekend, and actually one year, Charlotte, it was one weekend earlier... on fathers day weekend, which actually hurt some attendance. So to say it's never changed is not true. As far as the date's go with the committee it was stated and then pointed out that the date change is 100% up to the planner of the event AKA Chris, since he was in the process of securing a hotel, so he has full control on that aspect from what I was told.
Well, I really don't have any control to be honest, all of you do. Just vote for a date and let me know what you want it to be on. Simple! I for one don't really care, and have voted as such, though I would have preferred the original date. The Lodge informed me that the later weekend would be a better one for them, if that helps.

:P

Seriously though, I'm doing what I can. I actually talked with the lodge this morning too. We can sequester a section of the lot for our nightly activities, no problem at all. They extended my 30 day quote so I can find out what you all want as a group. So just help me!

Thanks!

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Styluss wrote:Mindy, if these rooms sleep 4 *comfortably* (read, each person has a place to sleep, not a couch cushion crafted crib) then that cost turns into $35 a night. I must admit, I could care less what the rooms cost. It's a necessary BFest expense and I will pay it regardless. Plus I enjoy my privacy, so I don't see myself rooming with more than one other person as it is...
Suite Features:
Two queen size beds
Full size bath
Semi-private living area includes a full-size sofa-sleeper and a 27" TV.
This suite includes a private balcony or patio.

OK...I admit I DID miss the sleeper sofa in the description. And divided amongst three people (6 if we all feel like cuddling) that room price isn't so bad. I do NOT want to sleep on the floor next to Geoff and listen to him snoring all night again!! :P

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Put him on the balcony! :D my votes in!

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:It's never the same date, its always around the same weekend, and actually one year, Charlotte, it was one weekend earlier... on fathers day weekend, which actually hurt some attendance. So to say it's never changed is not true. As far as the date's go with the committee it was stated and then pointed out that the date change is 100% up to the planner of the event AKA Chris, since he was in the process of securing a hotel, so he has full control on that aspect from what I was told.

On the hotel info... $140 that gives you access to an indoor water park the whole time your there is quite a steal... and as noted if your splitting a room the rate isn't that bad.
To add to the date comment... Save for two years (2001, and 2009) BerettaFest has been held the 4th weekend of June (basically the weekend that falls between the 21-27th any given year). I honestly don't remember what prompted the change for 2009, but for 2001 we had a vote and tried it out for the following weekend June 28-July 1st. Many people wound up having issues with the date, forgot about the change, etc. The idea is that we had tried it, it failed, and we went back to the traditional weekend.

Not to say that it would be the same or different this time, just providing some well-deserved history :D

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

DTMAce wrote:Have to remember, I am working to secure a hotel and a date that works for as much of us as I can...

...Not trying to change traditions, just trying to appeal to as many of us as I can.
Good luck with that Ace. You can never please all of the people all of the time! I applaud you for trying!
I'm a firm believer in "This is what it is. Come or don't come, that's on you".

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Totally not a fan of disclosing the potential hotel location...

A run down of the price difference and options, and a poll based on that would have sufficed completely.

It only takes 1 uninvited drunkard with a turd on a trailer to remind me why.

Just think of that guy would have bunked up at our hotel and bothered us, the whole weekend...

93 GTs
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Results are in....

Date will be June 21st through the 24th. It was a close vote for while, but its clear that the majority want it on the normal date. So that's that. Mark your calendars, tell your bosses, you are going to be gone that weekend!! :D

Hotel will be the Lodge! I will be talking with Mike next, and then getting the concrete poured there. :P

Thank you everyone for helping me out by voting. So now we know for when and where. All that's left for me to do is put together the details for the itinerary... lol

Again, questions, suggestions, comments, queries, posers, bitches and gripes, just let me know!

indyyellow

Post by indyyellow »

Man do the Great Wolf Lodge in Cincy. It's right next to a major amusment park, plenty of other hotels around for those that want cheaper one off rooms for them selves, lots to do around here!

Tim

---2005 Magnum RT -- 116k
---1996 Ford Probe GT (V6/5sp) -- 150k (90k on motor)
---1993 Chevy Silverado Z71 -- 261k
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

indyyellow wrote:Man do the Great Wolf Lodge in Cincy. It's right next to a major amusment park, plenty of other hotels around for those that want cheaper one off rooms for them selves, lots to do around here!
Tell you what.

You put together a complete proposal for Beretta Fest 2013 for Cincinatti Ohio, come to Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan and present it, and we will see if it gets chosen.

Thanks!

scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Well, that was a waste of time! I'm happy everything stayed as-is! Bring on 2012! :lol: :o :good: :Bravo: :beer: :friends:

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Gtzman

Post by Gtzman »

Ok first off new to beretta.net just bought my gtz a few months ago but i was wondering if there is a fee for being in this? do we just show up? sry noob here. I will def be there no matter what :Yahoo!: but still wanna know thanks