Welcome to the Bfest Site
With a wide range of accommodations, an exciting variety of things to do and easy access to the signature activities, attractions, and natural landscapes, Rapid City is the perfect home base for your Black Hills vacation. Encompassing the western and southern borders of Rapid City’s vibrant community, the Black Hills form an expansive 5,000 mile stretch of natural forests, vast canyons, and jagged peaks, offering access to some of the most incredible landscapes in the country and positioning Rapid City as the perfect vantage point for a visit to South Dakota’s historic American frontier. Stay in Rapid City to enjoy all the exciting amenities of a cosmopolitan oasis – great dining, vibrant nightlife, arts and culture – surrounded by the incredible, rugged landscapes of the Badlands and the scenic Black Hills. Whether you explore dramatic caves, cruise scenic highways, visit massive monuments, follow park trails, learn about Native American traditions or live it up in Downtown Rapid City, there is never a shortage of things to do in the Black Hills and every day is another unforgettable, big adventure.
Stay in Rapid City to enjoy all the exciting amenities of a cosmopolitan oasis – great dining, vibrant nightlife, arts and culture – surrounded by the incredible, rugged landscapes of the Badlands and the scenic Black Hills. Whether you explore dramatic caves, cruise scenic highways, visit massive monuments, follow park trails, learn about Native American traditions or live it up in Downtown Rapid City, there is never a shortage of things to do in the Black Hills and every day is another unforgettable, big adventure.
Revised (4/3/2021) BerettaFest 2021 Itinerary:
Wednesday, June 23rd:
- 10am-2pm - BerettaFest Check In/Registration at the hotel.
- 3pm - Tour of the Cosmos Mystery Area! This famed location has had people scratching their heads for years, as the house and surrounding property seem to defy the laws of physics and nature! $11 per adult, $6 for kids 5-12, under 4 are free. https://www.cosmosmysteryarea.com
- 3pm - (Alternate) - Visit the Reptile Gardens! A huge indoor/outdoor reptile zoo with many rare species only seen here! Adults are $18, kids 5-12 are $12 and 4 and under are free. https://www.reptilegardens.com
Thursday, June 24th:
- 9:30am - Depart for Devil's Tower National Monument - 100 mile drive through some of the prettiest country you will ever see!
- 11:30am - Meet at Devil's Tower Gulch restaurant for lunch. This is less than a 1/2 mile from the park entrance. (COVID Advisory – It is recommended to pack a lunch and eat socially distanced outside or in your vehicle)
(COVID Optional) Purchased lunch items at the restaurant are $9-12.
- 1:00pm - Head into Devil's Tower National Park. Cost is $25 per vehicle (we can carpool from the restaurant or visitors center parking if desired). Multiple group shot opportunities in and outside of the park. https://www.nps.gov/deto/index.htm
- 2:30pm - Depart Devil's Tower Park and head back to hotel.
- 5:00pm – (COVID Optional) Depart hotel for Fort Hays Chuckwagon Supper and Music Show. Fort Hays was used in the movie Dances with Wolves, and you'll get to explore the film set while we wait for dinner to begin. After eating an authentic chuckwagon dinner from the best chuckwagon menu in the west, we get to enjoy the Fort Hays Wranglers music variety show! (Those interested should make reservations in advance; reservations available on the website) . $34 for Adults and $17 for children ages 5-12 (4 and under are free) https://mountrushmoretours.com/fort-hay ... iety-show/
Friday, June 25th:
- 10am - Depart hotel for Mount Rushmore National Park.
- 10:30am - Mount Rushmore National Park. There is no cost to enter, however parking is $10/car. Once inside there are multiple paths to explore which bring you closer to the monument, including the famous "Presidential Trail" which is 0.6 miles long with 422 stairs and gets you up close and personal with the mountain sculpture. https://www.nps.gov/moru/index.htm
- 12:00pm - (COVID Advisory – It is recommended to pack a lunch and eat socially distanced outside or in your vehicle) Lunch at Mount Rushmore.
(COVID Optional) Carver's Cafe restaurant by the visitors center. Lunch items are between $9-12 each.
- 1pm-3pm - Crazyhorse Memorial. There are a variety of tour options available for this historic site, but the standard fee for entrance is $7/person if you walk, or $12/person if you drive in. We will be working to secure a group rate as we get closer to the event.
- 3pm-6pm - Custer State Park is less than 10 miles away and boasts some of the largest granite peaks in the country. It's also home to the famed Needles Highway (https://www.visitrapidcity.com/things-t ... es-highway), 37 miles of CRAZY driving roads that make the Tail of the Dragon look more like the Tail of the Gardner Snake. There are multiple spots for group photos as well! We will be heading back to the hotel via this path for those interested.
- 6pm – (Tentatively Scheduled) Drag Racing at Sturgis Dragway! It's 35 minutes from Rapid City, and has plenty of facilities for those bold enough to race, and those who just want to cheer on everyone else! Racers are $25/30 (Bracket) and spectators are $10. Racing starts at 7pm and usually ends about 10pm. http://www.sturgisdrags.com/main.html
- 6pm - (Optional for non-drag racers) Downtown Rapid City tour of the "City of Presidents", a series of life-size bronze statues of our nation’s past presidents along 6 blocks of the city’s streets and sidewalks. This is free and is right in the heart of downtown.
Saturday, June 26th:
- 10am-3pm - Free time at Hotel or to explore city. There are several Alpine Slides, Go-Karts, and downtown activities to choose from, or just hang out in the parking lot and make new friends as we wash and detail our cars before the Car Show!
- 4pm - Leave hotel for Canyon Lake Park in Rapid City
- 4:30pm - Sunset – Picnic and Car Show at Canyon Lake Park, Shelter #1. Private parking for our cars, and includes bathrooms.
(COVID Friendly) – There will be pre-packaged, catered dinner items provided at the Picnic Shelter included at no additional cost with your BFest registration. When eating near the shelter, and during the Car Show Awards Ceremony, members must be socially distant and wear a face covering when not actively eating. Please be sure to state your meal preference when registering.
Picnic Dinner Choices, Please list in registration!
Addition items such as snack size chip bags and individually wrapped cookies and other desserts will be available.
- Buffalo Burger with Condiments/Veggie and Pasta Salad/Fresh Fruit Medley
- Pulled Pork with Ancho Cherry BBQ/Calico Baked Beans/Southern Style Coleslaw
- Broasted Chicken/Traditional Potato Salad/Coleslaw
- GF Buffalo Burger with Condiments/Veggie and Pasta Salad/Fresh Fruit Medley
- GF Pulled Pork with Ancho Cherry BBQ/Calico Baked Beans/Southern Style Coleslaw
- Vegetarian - Black Bean Burger with Condiments/Veggie and Pasta Salad/Fresh Fruit Medley
- Kids Burger for them with fresh veggies and fruit
Sunday, June 27th:
- 7am-2pm – Socially distant goodbyes!
- (COVID Optional) Breakfast at Tally's Silver Spoon (a local favorite) and goodbyes! https://www.tallyssilverspoon.com/breakfast?utm_medium
*Proposed Itinerary (Activities and content subject to change)
(Lets make this picture with Berettas!)